#5 That was ... something else.

The hot water from the shower cascaded over my body, so hot it turned my skin pink

The hot water from the shower cascaded over my body, so hot it turned my skin pink. Steam congregated around me and hugged the bathroom surfaces leaving small droplets of condensation in it's wake.

Today I spoke to Liam.

Today Liam shared something with me that he doesn't want anybody else to know. Sure, in hindsight I know what he told me wasn't some big, deep secret and he's probably off bragging about it to every Tom, Dick or Harry that will listen to him. But to me, I feel it brought us closer.

I picked up the loofah and loaded it with my favorite body gel, silky smooth with essences of coconut and coca butter. Gently exfoliating away my troubles under the droplets of heat I allowed my mind to float back to leather jackets and mischievous smiles.

Climbing out of the shower and preparing for Tia to come round for girls night I opt for comfortable grey sweats and a matching crop sweater just as the doorbell went.

"Hey girl! I brought The Notebook and snacks." Tia juggled them up and down in front of my face with excitement.

We've watched this movie a thousand times but I was more than happy to make this time number one thousand and one. My parents have been away for three weeks and they won't be returning for another three, so Tia spending the night is something I'm quietly grateful for. Over pizza and The Notebook we bond.

I've spent half the night bitching about the jocks and how badly they treated me but I paid particular attention to Liam. I singled him out being the worse and Tia ate up my every word. I couldn't ever let her know that I found him attractive.

"Principal Jenkins gave me his office keys for tomorrow, I have to go in and collect the stationary from his cupboard to hand out to each teacher. It will take forever and I really don't want to cut into my lunch hour, can you help me?"

Tias voice became whiny so how could I refuse?

She was on the student council and they often did teacher support jobs to earn extra credit. Being the good friend I am I always helped her.