#50 Don't cry for me.

Gripping onto the pepper spray that sat discretely in my pocket I stood looking up at the front door

Gripping onto the pepper spray that sat discretely in my pocket I stood looking up at the front door. There were several dint's displayed against the lower half and I guessed heavy boots had kicked the door in with a great force. A window once sat in the upper half but it was now covered over with hardboard that had been nailed into the brown wood. Now that I was up close to Liams house I could see how it really lacked in maintenance, the white door frame contained chips that exposed the brown wood underneath, they looked deep like they had been intentionally made with a crowbar or a similar tool. 

I slowly lifted my shaking knuckles to the wood, the voice inside my head arguing with the voice inside my heart. My heart won as my knuckles grazed the thick door echoing out three bangs. With my other hand I gripped the pepper spray tighter, imaging the tips of my fingers turning white under the pressure of my grasp. 

The door flung open wafting a warm gust of air my way that radiated an unpleasant stench of stale alcohol. My heart quickened as a tall, built man stood before me wearing nothing but blue boxer shorts and a white see through vest top. His greedy eyes looked me up and down slowly, making me feel naked. He stumbled forward clutching a beer can in his left hand, showing off knuckles that had letters tattooed onto them.

He brought his right hand up, his jewelry display entering my clear vision. Across three of his middle fingers he wore huge gold rings, each ring looked intimidatingly big and heavy with a unique design. The middle had a big spiky skull, the end had a big sapphire opal and the index finger was just a gold square with an engraving of some sort. My breath hitched as I imagined how painful it would be to have them pummel you. I watched his hand edge towards my face as if it played out in complete slow motion. 

"You're a pretty thing aintcha?" He said through yellow, stumpy teeth as his hand stroked down the length of my cheek. I could smell the intoxication on his breath it churned my stomach and I wanted to run away, but I kept my mind set on Liam and my hand set on the pepper spray.

"Uh... is Liam around?" I asked sheepishly, not giving him eye contact.

"Inside." He stepped aside waiting for me to walk in, I closed my eyes as my head pleaded with my heart not to make me do this. But I stupidly stepped into the house.

The air was so warm and stale, like the windows hadn't been opened in a decade clogged up with cigarette smoke and alcohol. A warm glow pooled through the window lighting up specs of dust hovering in the air. The walls were tinged a dirty yellow to match the curtains and the carpet was brown with stains. I stood awkwardly in the hallway as the man sat back down in his dirty, blue armchair and continued eating kidney beans straight from the can. 

"So that son of a bitch finally did something right, bringing a pretty girl like you back home. I can get you into the business like his mam, you got the body for it too" I swayed on my own two feet as this man openly undressed me with his eyes.

"Where is Liam?" I asked, getting more and more uncomfortable by the minute.

"In his room. Tell him when he's done to give me a shout and I'll have a go."