#16 He's wearing a thong.

My morning ritual always includes standing opposite Chestington High willing myself to go in, for some reason it's been a little easier these past few mornings but I'm still not ready to give up the mental pep talks each day

My morning ritual always includes standing opposite Chestington High willing myself to go in, for some reason it's been a little easier these past few mornings but I'm still not ready to give up the mental pep talks each day. In fact I don't think I'll ever be. 

Anxiety eats away at my chest and bile climbs higher and higher into my throat threatening to escape. Although we don't have assigned parking in this school the students know where not to park because certain spots are reserved for the jocks and bitches. Looking at the cars in the parking lot tells me what I need to prepare for. Skimming across colourful lines of cars I spot Jordan's BMW that stands out like a glossy, red, expensive sore thumb. Sitting proudly next to it lies Zaks black audi in immaculate condition. Ben and Liam often hitch rides with them both, they're always seen arriving together. Barbie convertibles in pink and white are the next cars in the line, these belong to the bitches - AKA the cheerleaders, AKA Ruby King. My heart sags slightly knowing they all showed up for school today.

Plucking up the courage I take steps towards the big brown building aiming all of my focus on getting to my locker. As I enter the building my locker is in sight and I can already feel that something was 'off.' I couldn't spot Tia anywhere but I could spot Liam from a mile away. 

He stood talking to the other three guys, his back was turned but I've memorized every dip and curve of liams back view. Shiny chestnut brown hair with several lighter tones sat loosely on his head like he made no effort this morning but somehow still looks perfect. I was too far away to hear what they were saying but Liam had a small, guarded smile on his face as he playfully punched Zaks arm.

I glided towards my locker trying to play it cool and not linger my attention in his direction long, in case one of them noticed. As I approached my locker I could see little square colours covering every inch of the silver metal. My brow creased in confusion as I studied the colourful blocks that were becoming clearer and clearer as I neared. 

Post it notes had been stuck all over my locker, neon yellows, pinks, greens and oranges beamed back at me, all containing different words and phrases. None of them nice.