#10 I don't double dip.

Early morning rays cascaded across my bedroom floor marking it's territory with vertical lines made up of light and shadows

Early morning rays cascaded across my bedroom floor marking it's territory with vertical lines made up of light and shadows. Sitting up my mind instantly floated back to Liam, was I dreaming of him last night? A smile grew on my lips uncontrollably as I absent mindlessly allowed my thumb to circle over my wrist.

After showering I slipped on denim shorts with a simple tank top, grabbed a pop tart and made my way out the door earlier than usual, a little too eager to get to school. Since I had a few minutes spare I thought I would check something out that was eating away at the back of my mind.

The tree house.

Yesterday when I came home from school I had completely forgotten about the mysterious light I had seen the night before, my mind was too pre occupied with irrational thoughts about Liam. I can't remember the last time I went inside the tree house. When I was a child I practically lived up there but as I got older I stopped climbing those steps and forgot it even existed.

To anyone else it's not that special but my late Grampa made it for me when I was around five years old so it holds such a dear place in my heart attached with copious memories. Some even with Liam. Just four brown walls that made up a fairly large square with two slanted pieces of wood that made a pointed green roof, there was a rectangle door cut out and a small window to the left of the door. It was located at the bottom of my long garden, high up in a tree.

Craning my neck right back I looked up at the beauty before I started my climb. Carefully gripping the wooden planks in case some of them had come lose over time I slowly start climbing higher and higher until I reach the top.

The essence of ceder wood crept into my senses and flooded back memories of little, sad sapphire rings and numerous childhood games. My heart hitched for a moment, nervous in case an intruder had done some damage to this sentimental heap of wood. Cautiously I peeked my head inside and gave everywhere the once over.

Everything looked normal from what I remember but whew! I sure did leave this place a dump. Empty food packages littered the floor, chips, soda cans, odd little bars I even hadn't seen before. I gathered everything up in my arms in one swoop and descended back down.