#28 That was... intense

Wednesday

Wednesday. 

Hungover, remember everything, feel like shit.

I've threw up three times watching the team practice this morning, my stomach feels so sensitive I couldn't even manage coaches multigrain bar. I haven't looked at Liam at all, well I did sneak one glance and he looks like he's completely hangover free, annoyingly good. The team are really struggling this morning and I know it's because of the party last night. I think coach senses that something went down because he's making them work extra hard.

I tried to recall in my mind exactly what Tia and I said and when I come back up to the surface I can't help but cringe that he overheard our conversation. I admitted that he was attractive but then I also said he wasn't my type because he's damaged. I shook my head to try and shake the thoughts out of my brain. I know I needed to apologize to him before the guilt eats away at me but I'm also kind of mad he eavesdropped on our conversation. 

But then I remember the look in his eyes last night, the hurt that stretched across them, an emotion any normal person would miss but when you've over analysed Liams every expression you learn a lot. Coach blew the whistle which banged around on the inside of my head, bringing me out of my thoughts. Practice was over. I was going to give Liam time to shower, change and get back to his room before I knock and make things right.

I paced my room, palms sweating, nails bitten to a stump and my mind doing overtime at what I was about to do. I'm sure Liam was back already, I had gave him plenty of time. I stood outside his door hesitating to knock. I raised my hand and tapped three times against the wooden door with my knuckles. No answer. I let out a breath I didn't even know I was holding in. There was no way he was still changing and I couldn't hear voices from any of the other rooms. I headed back to my room and waited.

***

Coach shouted lights out at 10PM on the dot. Tia & I were already tucked up in bed, the early morning start after a late night of drinking didn't do us much good. It had been such a draining day, soccer practice followed by a few hours of down time then the team needed to go into a class meeting were they discussed tactics and the theory side of soccer. It was boring and I didn't really need to be there but it was mandatory for us to attend. I tried to speak to Liam in the dining hall but he completely ignored me so I've been carrying this guilt around all day whilst receiving the cold shoulder.

I could hear Tias deep breathing, she practically fell asleep as soon as her head hit the pillow. My phone buzzed filling the darkness with a bright light from the LED screen. I picked it up and hid it under my duvet so I didn't disturb Tia.

Sneak out. Across the road is lined with trees, keep walking past them straight ahead and you'll find a waterfall. Meet me there.

It was from a number I didn't recognize so I don't have them saved on my contacts. I questioned if they had the right number.