#37 Don't touch me.

The daylight was chased away by the burning fire of the sun leaving a display of blended blood red, orange and yellows in it's wake

The daylight was chased away by the burning fire of the sun leaving a display of blended blood red, orange and yellows in it's wake. Wispy clouds glowed alight in front of the crisp circle that disputed itself over the rippling water, illuminating a path which bathed in the oceans meek waves as nightfall overtook. I could feel the slight buzz from Harris' pink gin as I inhaled the oceans salt air.

Harris stood in between Tia and I, throwing his arms over our shoulders as we approached the bonfire. The ocean carried the loud music which flowed from a boombox hooked up to someones car. Drunken teenagers danced around the huge fire, still holding onto red plastic cups causing little spillages to land on the soft sand.

Through the dancing flame I felt Liams warmth, he was standing next to one of the cars talking to Jordan and Zak who sat on the hood. Blue clouded eyes locked onto mine as I stood draped under Harris' arm. He turned away and continued talking to his friends. Harris walked us over to a bunch of really tall boys, they greeted him with a fist pump and wide smiles.

"Guys this is Olivia and Tia, Girls these are my team mates" 

I was a little uncomfortable meeting new people, especially crowds but Tia was right in there making conversation like she had known them for most of her life. I watched as her eyes trailed over each guy and I knew she was checking them out one by one. I was on my second beer cup, re-accustoming my taste buds to the tangy taste of cheap beer after Harris' delicious fruit gin. 

"You wanna go do some smores?" Harris asked me with a hopeful glint in his eyes.

"Sure, you coming Tia?" She was fully engrossed in conversation with Matt the basketball player, talking about their hopes and dreams after graduation so it didn't surprise me when she turned down the offer to roast marshmallows.

It was quieter around the bonfire now, by quieter I mean less people not less noise. Harris opened up a packet of huge marshmallows, taking out two large powdered fluffiness with a soft interior and popped them onto two long sticks handing me one. We rotated them around against the scorching naked flame that crackled in the heat, watching the spongy pillow of sugar melt slowly into a sweet, sticky heap. Hints of golden brown grazed over the surface informing me that the marshmallow was perfectly toasted. I sandwiched my marshmallow between two graham crackers coated with a thin layer of chocolate and watched as heat from the fragrant, white cushion melted the chocolate, blending all flavors together.

As I was mid bite Liam approached, I could already tell by his stance that he was slightly drunk. Butterflies fluttered in my stomach, and my heart started racing. 

"Awh, you guys are toasting marshmallows... how sweet." 

His whole manner and tone didn't imply he thought it was sweet. He rolled his emotionless, bleak eyes and spoke in a sickeningly sarcastic way. Harris and I looked at each other, his face full of unspoken questions, confused and my face looking apologetic.