#17 You gonna give me a show or what?

"He's taking me to Alessandros for dinner on Saturday, it's the new Italian restaurant in town

"He's taking me to Alessandros for dinner on Saturday, it's the new Italian restaurant in town. I don't know what to get because pizza is too informal and spaghetti bolonagse is too messy, so I really need to think about it." Tia gushed as we lined up at the salad bar.

I zoned out on what she was saying as I eyed up the buffet style salad on offer today. Great, they've put out olives. Whenever they do this people tend to fill up a plastic container and launch them at me from different angles of the cafeteria. 

"I'm going to wear my black dress, the one with the spaghetti straps. Do you think that's okay for a first date?"  Tia continued, not noticing the unfortunate menu option.

We took our seats and like clockwork it started raining olives.

"What the fu-" 

Tia screamed before she realized what was going on and shot me a sympathetic glance. We learnt pretty early on that if we ignored the bouncing olives they died down after the first big wave. I surveyed the room to see who was participating, the cheerleaders were making generous efforts but throwing wasn't their sport so most of their olives didn't come close to hitting the target. The jocks sat in the corner on the back row, the furthest table away from mine. I remember Liam telling me they usually eat on the bleachers so I was slightly puzzled as to why they decided to eat in the cafeteria today of all days. They threw olives, or at least I spotted Jordan and Ben throw one. Although they were the furthest away from me they had impeccable aim. There was a few other singular tables dotted around that participated in the olive Olympics but these were just the wannabe popular kids.

"Should I go fancy and wear heels, casual and wear converse or somewhere in the middle with wedges?" Tia shut out the flying olives and continued her conversation like the queen she is.

Although I tried hard to concentrate on Tia I couldn't help but peep my eyes at the jocks table. I needed to know if Liam was involved in the throwing. I studied him talking with his friends, he used hand gestures to emphasis his points and whatever he was saying caught his interest intensely. I watched as girls approached his table, his face would change to a cockier more arrogant stance but even from across the room I could tell he was slightly annoyed by the pestering.