FOUR

THIRD PERSON.

Packing the final few things she felt necessary to bring into her bag, the girl zipped it up and placed it on her bed, letting out a sigh as she did so.

She grabbed a sticky note and a pen, writing a note to stick on her door for when her dad would wake up the next morning as she knew that if she didn't leave some sort of message, Jason would automatically assume the worst and do anything he could do get Kai back home.

After finishing the note with a simple message that said 'i left town but i'm ok, i love you' the girl stuck it on the outside of her door and grabbed her bag, slowly walking down the stairs to make sure she didn't make a noise as she reached the front door.

The girl then opened the door and closed it without making a sound, although she had no idea where she was going to go she still walked over to her car and placed her bag in one of the back seats, before glancing around the area and jumping once she saw someone get out of their car.

At first the girl let out a sigh of relief before looking back over at the person who got out of the car, who she was able to recognise in that one second he had caught the glimpse of light.

But by the time she had recognised who it was, the boy had already been slowly making his way over to her, stopping just in front of her car.

"Hi." He said, keeping his voice quiet to make sure he didn't wake Jason up as he shoved his hands into the pocket of his jeans.

"What are you doing here?" Kai asked him, closing her car door, "Its 4am."

"Kai I got tired of it, I just wanted to come home." Corbyn shrugged, letting out a sigh, "I did the tour, that was enough for me."

"Well have fun," She gave him a small sarcastic smile as she grabbed the door handle to her car, trying to open it just as the boy put his hand on the door to prevent it from opening, "Corbyn."

"You're not seriously leaving are you?" He asked, a frown appearing on his face as he tilted his head slightly.

She looked at him before looking behind both her shoulders, "What part looks like its a joke?"

"Where are you going?"

"I don't know, I'll just drive until I find somewhere." Kai explained, "It shouldn't be too hard."

"You can't drive very well." Corbyn told her as she raised her eyebrows, shaking her head, "We learnt this ages ago."

"But I can still drive," She said, "So remove your hand and I'll be on my way."

"Let me come with you," He suggested, taking his hand off of her car door as he put it back into his pocket, seeing her look at him shocked that he would even suggest it, "I want to talk to you and I can't do that if you aren't here."

"So after six months." Kai laughed slightly, unsure of how to react, "After six months, you finally want to talk to me?"

"The voicemails I left, the texts, every single time I tried to FaceTime you and you never got back to me. But now you want to talk?" Kai's face slowly grew confused as she bit the inside of her cheek, waiting for Corbyn to say something.

"Yes now I want to talk, I've been trying to go back to how I was when I lived in LA, but that did not work at all and so I came back here, home." He explained, "If you just let me come with you, I can explain every single thing to you."

"I'm pretty sure Jason will wake soon. I don't have a single bag on me so we can just get in your car and go."

Kai glanced at the floor for a few seconds as she tucked a piece of hair behind her ear and looked back up, grabbing her car keys from her back pocket of her jeans and looking back at the boy stood opposite her.

Of course the girl knew this was a bad idea, and Corbyn knew it too, leaving his car in the town he had left not so long ago seemed like bait to any news reporter team. And right outside of Kai's house, he was almost sure Jason would recognise it straight away and know exactly who his daughter would be with.

But nevertheless, Kai let out a sigh and held the keys in front of him, "You're driving."

He nodded, a small smile on his face as they both got into the car before almost instantly starting it and driving towards the outskirts of town.

"This is a bad idea, you understand that right?" Kai asked him, putting on her seatbelt as he nodded, "Does anyone even know you left LA?"

"Not one person."

a/n

they said: