EIGHT

THIRD PERSON.

"We got to start off small," Corbyn said, getting out of his car as Kai did the same, walking over to where he was standing, "Roller skating."

"So you mean by the end of this road trip we will be doing the craziest things?" Kai asked as Corbyn nodded, a smile growing on his face as he did so.

"Let's go." He said, grabbing her hand as they walked into the building, the boy quickly paying for their entry as they got their skates and headed to a seat to put them on, "Do you know how to skate?"

"I'm a professional." She said, standing up after her skates were on and waiting for him, "Can you skate?"

"Yes, very well actually," He replied, standing up as he placed a kiss on her forehead before they both made their way over to the rink.

After the couple successfully made it onto the rink - minus Corbyn almost falling over a few time due to the shock of how fast other people were going - they soon ended up holding hands as they made their way around the rink.

And although the rink wasn't that busy, the boy still got slightly frightened whenever someone would speed past him at a speed he couldn't even comprehend, which always resulted in the girl beside him laughing, usually making fun of how he would react.

"You're so mean to me," Corbyn frowned.

"It's only because I love you," Kai replied, her eyes widening once Corbyn shot his head towards her, "Have I said that before?"

"I don't know, I can't remember." Corbyn said, a smile growing on his face, "But I love you too."

"Also, I'm hungry." Kai said as he nodded, "Can we get food?"

"We just got onto the rink like 20 minutes ago."

"It's 10pm, I'm tired and hungry." She said as he eventually gave in, the two of them getting off the rink and giving the hire skates back before leaving the building.

Soon after they left the building, Kai jumped on the boys back and smiled, her arms wrapping around his neck as Corbyn held onto her legs, walking across the street to one of the restaurants nearby.

"You're warm," She smiled, kissing his cheeks a few times, "Where are we actually sleeping tonight?"

"Do we get a hotel?" Corbyn suggested even though he was confused himself, "I think the car would be too uncomfy."

"Do we have enough money to get a hotel every night?"

"We could get super cheat airbnb? I mean they may be terrible and dodgy but it could work?" Corbyn explained as the girl nodded.

"It's all about the experience." Kai replied, "Let's try it and if it goes wrong, it goes wrong."

"Ok, after we get some food we can go looking for a cheap one." Corbyn nodded, walking into a chick-fil-a, "Please tell me you've been to chick-fil-a before."

"Nope."

"You have not even lived." He said, putting her down as he turned to look at her, "We are getting you to try every single restaurant you haven't been to before."

"I've had mcdonald's." Kai shrugged.

"That's basic, there's a lot more restaurants that are so much better than mcdonald's." Corbyn said, grabbing a hold of her hand as he took her to the menu, "Pick anything you want."

"I just want fries." She said without looking at the menu, "Just a large portion of fries."

"What drink?" He asked.

"Dr Pepper," The girl said, thanking him for the food as they went to go order.

After they had ordered both their meals and received them, the couple headed back to Kai's car, sitting in it as they ate their meal and scrolling through their phones for the closest and cheapest airbnb's they could find.

Once they found one, they set off towards it and finished their meal for the evening. Then booked a room for the night and went to it, unlocking the door and walking inside.

"Oh," Corbyn sighed, "This is not nice at all."

"Oh shut up pop star, just because all you used to stay in was five star hotels." Kai replied, falling onto the bed.

"That is not true, they were mostly four star." Corbyn rolled his eyes, falling onto the bed next to her as he looked at the girl, "The bed is comfy though."

"Can I cuddle you?" The boy then asked, receiving a nod from Kai as he smiled and wrapped his arms around her, "Thanks."

The girl smiled, her arms wrapping around Corbyn as she rested her head on top of his before closing her eyes, "You're welcome."

a/n

my writing is going so downhill