THIRTY-FIVE

THIRD PERSON.

"I'm a bit nervous."

"You're nervous?!" Kai looked at Corbyn, "Really?"

"This is like my two worlds colliding." He shrugged, the car stopped by the sign labelled Lakeside, unsure of whether to continue driving in or not.

"Just drive I want to see how good this place is," Zach rolled his eyes, "I want to meet your group of friends."

"Aren't exactly a group anymore but," Corbyn shrugged, starting the car again as Kai sighed, "Kai I have to take you back, everyone is expecting it."

"Why doesn't she just move in with us?" Jonah suggested as Corbyn looked at him, raising his eyebrows before then looking at the girl sat beside him in the car.

"No, Corbyn no I-"

"You're eighteen, you can do whatever the fuck you like." Corbyn told her as she shook her head, "You can still come back and visit."

"I don't know anywhere other than Lakeside." Kai argued, "I won't fit in anywhere else."

"We can help you." Jack said as they all nodded, "We now have a small break so we have time to show you around and teach you basic stuff."

"And we can be best friends, it's a win win situation." Daniel nodded, a small smile on his face.

"My dad doesn't like you." Kai looked at Corbyn as the boy's smile dropped.

"I just took you around the country and you didn't get hurt once, he must trust me by now." Corbyn told her as the rest of the group nodded.

"Fine, I'll ask him." Kai sighed, "He'll say no."

"But if you're eighteen it doesn't really matter," Jonah shrugged, folding his arms, "Just do whatever you want to do, everything will have a solution."

"Now pleaseeee can we drive?" Zach said, receiving a nod from Kai and Corbyn before he began to make the drive down the road into the small unknown town.

After a few minutes being spent simply driving down the long and winded road, Corbyn slowly growing more nice to come face to face with Jason again due to him being the reason he had left the town in the first place and Kai already full of anxiety, knowing that the entire town would not take it well if she did decide to leave permanently.

But eventually, in the distance they spotted the lights of the town as the sky began to dim, nearing the time of 5pm.

And soon arriving and driving through the town to Kai's house, they eventually pulled up just outside of it, seeing Corbyn's car in the same place he left it two months ago.

"I like the look of this place," Daniel spoke up as Kai stayed silent, looking out of the car window at the house.

"Kai," Corbyn sighed, moving his hand to grabbed. ahold of hers before the girl quickly got out of the car, "Do you want me to come with you?"

"Uh, if you want." Kai shrugged, closing the door behind her as Corbyn nodded, getting out of the car before the rest of the guys followed after him.