THIRTY-ONE

THIRD PERSON.

"A bridge?" She furrowed her eyebrows, looking at the boy as he nodded, "A red bridge?"

"Golden Gate Bridge," the boy corrected her, "I just thought you would've liked the see the sun set by it."

"Oh." Kai said, a small smile on her face, "Yeah, I'd like that."

"I know you so well," Corbyn smiled, placing down the small blanket he has bought with them as they both took a seat on it, "Also I was doing some thinking while we were sat in that awkward silence in the car."

"Good thinking?" Kai asked him as he shrugged, "That doesn't sound good."

"I just," he began, "Maybe I'm ready to go back."

Furrowing her eyes slightly, the girl moved her gaze towards him and tilted her head, waiting for a better explanation on how he had come to that conclusion, despite the plan they both had.

"But there is also one thing I have to ask," he said, looking at her, "And this is a very important question."

"I hate when you make it sound scary," she shook her head, looking away from him.

"No, no it's fine." He laughed slightly, "Uh, um- do you want to be my girlfriend? Like make it official?"

"Huh?" Kai shot her head back towards him as he slowly nodded, "But it won't- the distance, you have- It won't."

"Kai we can figure it out," he told her, "I just- we act like a couple so I might as well ask but if you don't-"

"I'll be your girlfriend." She interrupted him, stopping him from his rambling as a smile grew on Corbyn's face, "Now please explain what you meant by that last statement because I'm worried."

"Well now that I have achieved what I wanted to achieve," Corbyn said as she smiled and rolled her eyes, "I think I want to give it another try but this time put in actual effort because last time I didn't care about feeling better."

"So," she paused, "You're going to drop me home and then go to LA?"

"Not exactly..." He scratched the back of his neck, "The band have a performance, I was thinking we go and I perform and then I go drop you home."

"You're going to turn up and give everyone a heart attack because you deleted your socials?" Kai asked.

"Yeah I just pop up on stage right at my verse of a song," Corbyn nodded, a smile on his face, "What's wrong with that?"

"Maybe the fact that everyone is worried about you," She told him, "You can't just turn up."

"It'll be funnn," he grounded, "Kai pleaseee, now that you're my girlfriend you have to say yes."

"I don't have to say yes?" Kai laughed slightly, "Are you sure you want to go back? Because once you do you can't opt out again."

"Do you not want me to..?"

The girl went quiet as her smile slowly dropped before she quickly shook her head and smiled again, "Whatever you want is fine to me."

"You know when people say that they're missing a piece of them and that's what's making them feel the way they do," Corbyn explained as she nodded, the couple making eye contact, "Yeah, I think that's what it was."

"Oh and the missing piece was a road trip?" She asked as he looked at her confused, "You lost me there.."

"It's you, idiot." Corbyn shook his head and laughed before resting his head on her shoulder and his arms going around her waist, "You're so dumb."

"Sorry I'm from a small town i'm stupid," She joked, resulting in the boy laughing more than before, "Lakeside makes me dumb, I cant help that."

"You're annoying."

Kai shook her head before her smile then fell as the boy wasn't looking at her, an upset look on her face because she wasn't yet to give up the one escape she had from her small hometown in Indiana, she wasn't yet ready to give him back to the limelight.

"I know you won't do well with publicity so I'm not sure how that's going to play out now you're my girlfriend," the boy mumbled, placing a kiss on her shoulder as she shrugged, "And I don't know how your dad is going to take this either."

"I don't know," Kai half-whispered, letting out a sigh, "We'll just see what happens."

"The performance is in two days, are we going for definite?" He asked, sitting back up as she quickly
put the small smile back on her face, "Because as soon as someone who knows me sees me it'll get crazy."

"If it's what you want, then yes." Kai nodded as Corbyn smiled, thanking her and placing a kiss on her lips.

"I think this is what I want, yeah I'm ready to go back to what I used to love."

"I'm happy for you," she looked at him, seeing the grin on his face as Kai let her shoulders fall, her hands falling into her lap.

A/N

bruh if u can figure out what they forgot to consider u r a genius !!!

if u can't get it straight away just think about it a little, it's los angeles and they're "missing" ;)