SIX

THIRD PERSON.

"I just had a thought." Kai spoke up as she looked at Corbyn, who furrowed his eyebrows as he glanced at her before moving his eyes back to the road, "You left your car."

"At Lakeside? Yeah I know." He replied, slightly shrugging as a confused look appeared on the girls face.

"Aren't you bothered by that?"

"Not really." Corbyn said through a small smile, "I'm going to be going back to LA anyway."

"You are?" She asked, "Do you have like a plan or something?"

"I actually do," He laughed, "I can't tell you it though, you'll think it's crazy."

"I think everything you do is crazy." Kai rolled her eyes playfully, looking out of her window as she changed the subject, "So, you wanna start explaining stuff?"

Corbyn glanced at the girl before he nodded, pulling into one of services off the side of the road and heading towards the starbucks drive thru, "What drink do you want?"

"I've never been to this place." Kai said, looking at Corbyn, "What do they do?"

He shook his head and let out a sigh, before ordering himself a drink and a drink he thought Kai would like, before driving up to the next window and paying, then receiving their drinks as he handed Kai's one to her.

"Try it, they're good I promise." Corbyn told her, finding a parking space as he pulled into it and turned off the car's engine, turning the top of his body to face her, "Kai I promise they're nice, if i'm going to explain everything you might as well have a drink through it."

"Ok, alright." She said, letting out a sigh before taking a sip of her drink, her eyes widening slightly afterwards as she looked up at the boy, who nodded, "That's so good, what is it?"

"Cookies and cream frappe." The boy smiled, "I got the strawberries and cream one."

"That one looks good," Kai replies, taking his drink out of his hand and having a sip of it, "We need to come here more often."

"Excuse me that's my drink," He furrowed his eyebrows, taking it back before placing it in the cup holder in the centre of the car, "Right, explaining everything."

"Yes, please go ahead."

"Right ok, so," He began, before spending the next half an hour or so telling the girl what had happened in the past six months while he was away from Lakeside on tour and in LA, then explained to her what happened with the situation of him kissing another girl, who he eventually explained to her was Christina.

"Christina is the girl I kissed. She's an ex, has been for about two years now. We broke up because at the time I wasn't a very good boyfriend, my mental health sort of shut her out and we just fell apart. We're just friends now," Corbyn explained, seeing the upset look on Kai's face, "I kissed her because I really wanted her to be you, and I wasn't really thinking about my decisions properly."

"Oh." She said, letting out a sigh as she finished the last drop of her drink, "If I didn't see it would you have told me you kissed her?" 

"Probably not," He mumbled, placing his drink in the cup holder, "I just wanted it to be something I wouldn't have to bring up again. I am really sorry I kissed someone else and then pulled the not dating card, I understand that must've hurt you."

"It did, considering I travelled across country and then got grounded for two months after it." Kai said through a small laugh, shrugging slightly, "We don't have to mention it, you explained and I forgive you, let's move on from it."

"Ok, so yeah I did the tour and everything was falling out of place again, and so I decided to come back to Lakeside, talk it out with you and the friend group and just have a break before I actually went back for good."

"The friend group, right-"

"But I also have to ask," He interrupted her by accident, not realising she had said anything in the first place as she had mumbled her sentence, "What are we right now?"

"What do you think we are?" Kai asked as he shrugged.

"I have no idea. I'd say in between the friend zone and the dating zone." Corbyn suggested, "That was a wild guess."

"Well then, we're there." She nodded, a small smile on her face.

Corbyn smiled, nodding with her as he turned back to face the steering wheel, "Right, I say we take a road trip around the country, so whatever crazy fun shit and then take you back to Lakeside."

"How much time do you think I have?" Kai furrowed her eyebrows, "You know my dad is going to be looking for me."

"Then that's our plan, we avoid getting caught."

"I actually really like that plan."

a/n

bABIES🥺🥺🥺