TWENTY-TWO

THIRD PERSON.

Sitting in the middle of a field, located in the middle of nowhere between two states, Kai and Corbyn were sat on top of a picnic blanket, a wide variety of snacks laid out beside them as they spent the afternoon relaxing before continuing with their trip around the country.

"Did you take the last grape?" Corbyn asked, looking up at the girl as he watched her put the grape into her mouth, staring at the boy before slowly shaking her head, "Wow."

"You had more than me anyway," she shrugged as he tilted his head then shaking it, "You did! You're so selfish."

"Selfish?" He said through a laugh, "You're so funny."

"You're so annoying," she shrugged before a few rain drops landed around them, "Oh no."

"My cake!" The boy panicked, quickly shoving the cake into the box and placing it into the bag they had bought with them as they rain began to pick up.

Wrapping up the blanket they had sat on while the rain was pouring down, the couple couldn't help but laugh while doing so, struggling to get everything away without it getting soaked before they ran towards something to shelter with, which ended up behind a ruined building at the back of the field.

"Careful," Corbyn said, pulling the girl away from the broken glass right beside her, "You almost stepped on it."

"This place is cool," Kai said, placing the blanket down on the floor as Corbyn did the same with the bag, following the girl around the remaining parts of the building, "It looks like it was burnt down."

"There's a lot of dead birds," he said as Kai looked at him before he nodded his head towards the three dead birds on the floor, "Gross."

"Oh." She paused as a loud clap of thunder was heard, "There's a storm."

"I know I can hear Kai," he smiled as she rolled her eyes, giving him the middle finger before walking away, "I'm kidding, Kaiii."

"You're so mean to me," she shook her head before Corbyn shook his head, letting out a small laugh before wrapping his arms around her from behind, "Its like you sleep with me and now you don't want anything to do with me."

"Oh my god shut upp," Kai laughed, hitting his arm, "I can't exactly leave you anyway, we're half way across the country from-"

"So you would leave me, huh?" He said, dragging the joke out as she rolled her eyes and smiled, "Ok, I see my place."

"Don't act like you didn't enjoy the other night," Kai said, turning to face him as the boys face went slightly red, "Yeah, exactly."

"It was a great birthday gift," Corbyn mumbled, slightly shrugging before scratching the back of his neck, "I can't really complain about it."

Kai shook her head before letting out a laugh again, jumping up onto a plank of wood and sitting down on it, her legs swinging slightly as the boy watched her before glancing outside at the storm that was sitting going on.

"What are we eating tonight?" Corbyn asked, folding his arms, "I kind of want panda express."

"What's that?"

"Chinese food," he told her, "It's super good."

"Ok, let's get that." Kai nodded, a small smile on her face as the boy walked over to her, stopping right in front of the girl as she raised one eyebrow, "You're not intimidating."

"I'm not trying to be, idiot."

"Oh my god you're so annoying, stop bullying me all the time," Kai began as the boy had a smile growing on his face, "Even if I say the smallest thing you call me an idio- are you listening to me?"

"No," he shook his head, "Can I kiss you?"

"No not until I finish complaining," She said as he let out a small sigh, wrapping his arms around her waist while listening to her complain, "Everything I say you seem to have a reply for it that is making fun of me and-"

"Kai you've complained about this before," Corbyn interrupted her, "I know you secretly like it."

"I do not," she shook her head, hiding her smile as the boy titled his head, "It really upsets me."

"Oh really?"

"Yup."

"Cool, can I kiss you now?"

"Cool?" She asked, a frown on her face.

"I know it doesn't upset you, you're bad at lying," he shrugged, a smile painted on his face before one of his hands cupped the side of her face, "Now please can I kiss you?"

"I guess sooo," she shrugged, loosely wrapping her arms around his neck before giving him a smile.

"That's not a definite yes."

"Yes you can kiss me," Kai said, "Is that better?"

"Yes thank you, stop being so stubborn," Corbyn shook his head as he leant in to kiss the girl just as she pulled away, "Kai."

"Stubborn?"

"Oh my godd, shut up and let me kiss you," he said through a small laugh before the two finally shared a long and somewhat passionate kiss before Corbyn pulled away, "I asked for a kiss not a make out session."

"Yeah well you're unpredictable so," she shrugged, getting off of the plank she was sat on and heading towards their belongings as the boy pulled her back to him, placing another kiss on her lips before he placed a few on the girls neck.

"Ok, let's go get food," he pulled away, a smile on his face as he walked over to their belongings, picking them up and looking over at the girl who had one hand lightly placed on her stomach, "Are you ok?"

"Uh, yeah." She nodded, a shade of pink on her cheeks before walking past him, "Just butterflies."

"Someone's obsessed." He raised his eyebrows as Kai turned around and stared at him, watching Corbyn let out a small laugh, "I'm kidding, I knew it would've shut you up."

"You're annoyinggg."

"You love me really," he shrugged.

"I hate that you're right."

a/n

cuties