NINE

THIRD PERSON.

"I think it's going to rain soon." Corbyn said, looking up at the sky as dark clouds began to form over them.

"Should we start out road trip to another state then?" Kai asked as the boy nodded, packing up their small picnic before getting in the car and making sure they were ready to go.

After they knew everything was alright to start moving, they set off from Indiana to Ohio, finding the best route to avoid any big traffic on their way there.

15 minutes or so into the trip, Kai's phone began to ring and with a confused look on her face, she searched through her bag to find it, pulling it out from the bottom of her bag.

"Who's calling?" Corbyn asked, glancing at her before moving his eyes back to the road.

"Gavin." She sighed, declining the call and putting her phone back in her bag.

"You never decline his calls," He replied as Kai shrugged, "Has something happened?"

"The group doesn't talk anymore." Kai admitted, looking out of the window as Corbyn furrowed his eyebrows.

"What?" He asked, "Kai, why didn't you tell me?"

"It isn't important, I guess." She shrugged, looking at him, "We just fell apart."

"When?"

"About six months ago, we haven't talked for about four months."

"Why'd you fall apart?" He asked.

"You ask a lot of questions." The girl said, watching the boy pull over as she furrowed her eyebrows, "Corbyn what-"

He stopped the car, undoing his seatbelt and turning his body to face her, "Why'd you fall apart?"

"Found different friend groups," Kai hesitantly said.

"You've been friends since birth, why would that suddenly happen?"

"Corbyn we just grew distant." Kai told him, "Things happened, I got grounded, Gavin had stuff happen at home, Noah and Ebony started dating and found a new friend group and Summer's mental health wasn't so good, we stopped trying to keep a group."

"That's why you left, wasn't it?"

"No?" She shook her head, "I hate my dad right now, I wanted freedom."

"What about Amanda?" He asked, "Why didn't you go live with her?"

"Because- Are you saying you'd prefer if I stayed there?" Kai asked, folding her arms as she tilted her head.

"Well if I never showed up, who knows where you would've been." Corbyn shrugged, "I've always said it's safer for you there."

"Yet at 4am the night I was going to leave, you begged to leave with me? That doesn't make sense." She said through a small, confused laugh.

"Because you were desperate to go and I didn't want to let you go alone." He replied.

"So instead of us both staying in the town, we left." Kai said as Corbyn nodded, "We should've just stayed there."

"Well, there's no going back now until this road trip is done." Corbyn told her.

"No, lets go back." Kai said, letting out a sigh.

"Uh, no. We're doing what we planned to do."

"No, we're going back to Lakeside."

"Kai." Corbyn looked at her.

"Corbyn." She replied, looking at him, "My dad is worried."

"You just said you hate him right now," He stated, a small smirk on his face as Kai rolled her eyes.

"I hate you," She said, turning away from him as he let out a small laugh and grabbed her face with one hand, moving it back to face him as he placed a kiss on her lips.

"I hate you too." He smiled, moving back to his chair and putting his seatbelt back on.

"You can't just do that to me."

"Do what?"

"Kiss me and then act like nothing happened." Kai said as Corbyn shrugged.

"You can get more later I need to drive," He replied as Kai rolled her eyes, shaking her head but smiling.

–––––

INSTAGRAM

seaveydaniel, imzachherron and 412,920 others liked this post

whydontwemusic: austrliuh

view all comments

username: did corbyn come up with the caption

username: nice caption corbyn

username: ur all so cute pls <333

imzachherron: i like jacks glasses
jackaverymusic: thanks bro

jonahmarais: can't wait to tour again

username: MY BBYS

username: awh this was when corbyn was still trying to recover :(
↳ username: don't bring it up. he's still not 100% where he wants to be yet

seaveydaniel: i luv my hat

username: why do they all look sad doe-

username: I LOVE U

username: follow for follow anyone?

username: where's corbyns like and comment?

a/n

awh a filler chapter ✨✨