061. Annoyingly Intuitive

"Hindi mo magagamit sa 'kin ang telepathic abilities mo, so pwede nating i-test na lang ang telekinesis mo," ani Janus habang tinitingnan ang file na hawak niya.

Nanlaki ang mga mata ni Gwen sa narinig. "Paano mo nalaman –"

"You're not very good at hiding it, dear... But don't worry. Hindi alam nina Benjamin ang tungkol dito," Janus assured her, "But I suggest we test that too. Wala na rin namang kailangang i-test sa telepathic abilities mo. Sanay ka na rin naman sa paggamit nun."

Since the quarterly assessment will be held soon, Janus has to finish checking the eight members of the Paramount Class, and Gwen is the remaining student he has not mingled with yet. He has to finish talking to them all before the awaited event, just so he can finish making adjustments on the simulation rooms he custom-created for each members of the Paramount Class.

"Hindi ko kaya ang gusto mo," Gwen responded coldly, "It only appears when I feel strong emotions... Like anger or fear."

"Then channel that. Use that to your advantage. Sayang naman kung hindi mo matitrain ang telekinetic ability mo."

Nagsalubong ang mga kilay ni Gwen. "So kailangan kong matakot o magalit lagi para magamit 'yun?"

"Why not? Madali ka namang magalit eh, and if you do, you wreak havoc on people. Halos basagin mo nga raw 'yung mukha nung stepsister ni Leia. You have too much pent up anger. Also, even the fire from a lit matchstick can terrify you. It's not really an issue if you just use those two emotions to be able to channel your telekinetic skills."

"Iniinsulto mo ba ako?" biglang tumaas ang tono ng pananalita ni Gwen dahil sa inis.

Right then, a globe that was positioned by the wall fell down on the floor, which caught their attention. There is no strong wind inside the room where they are in, and the object is a little heavy and stable on its position to be toppled just like that.

"Kita mo na?" kalmadong saad ni Janus habang nakangisi, "If you can get used to using your telekinetic abilities, sooner or later, you wouldn't need to wait and feel strong emotions before using that power. You will be able to use telekinesis with ease, and with that, you are a certain threat to anyone."

"Why would I be a threat? Tingin mo ba mananakit ako ng tao?"

Janus was amused with the young lady's reaction, and he chuckled as he spun the pen he is holding on his fingers. "Wouldn't you?"

Pinaningkitan ni Gwen ang doktor, bago iniliyad ang katawan sa upuan. "Well... Siguro. I would probably hurt somebody in order to save my own life... or the people important to me."

"Exactly," Janus then said, "You are threat to people who pose as a threat to you and your life, and that's completely normal... I mean, you have suffered a lot, and you watched as a lot of lives were taken away –"

"Teka – Paano mo nalaman 'yan?" Tuluyan nang nagbago ang ekspresyon ng mukha ni Gwen habang binibigyan niya ng matalim na titig si Janus.

"Basta alam ko lang... Pero huwag kang mag-alala kasi hindi naman 'yun alam ni Benjamin. Siguro nakatulong rin na masyado siyang makasarili kaya sarili niya lang din ang iniintindi niya. Wala naman siyang pakialam sa ibang mga nasa Paramount Laboratories unless he needs them.

"And while it is true that someone in the Paramount Labs is responsible for everything that happened to you and is still insistent in putting an end to your life, not a lot of people know about it. It's somewhat... a secret among certain people within the organization."

"Pero paano mo nalaman? May kinalaman ka ba sa pagpapapatay nila sa 'kin?"

"Of course not. Ano bang makukuha ko kapag pinapatay kita? You're more useful to me if you're alive," Janus responded nonchalantly, "And I work in the Paramount Labs, young lady. And let's just say I'm annoyingly intuitive that's why I knew."