Part 41

Harlow couldn't understand how time passed so quickly. One second she was showing Jay and Lizzie their new house, and the next thing she knew, a few days had flown by in a blur and it was time to make their move on London. 

She was terrified for the boys. Harlow couldn't guarantee that they'd all return safely, one wrong move could be the end for any of them. Nonetheless, both the Wentworths and the Shelbys had survived years fighting at war, so they were prepared for anything. 

"Michael, you and Harlow will drop Ada, Finn and Theo at the safe house before you go into Camden Town, alright?" Tommy reiterated, making sure that his cousin knew exactly what the plan was. Although Michael had heard it multiple times before, he restrained himself from responding with a snide comment and nodded politely in his direction.

"Right, we leave in ten. Grab whatever you need." Dale wrapped up the meeting, folding up the large map that lay spread across the table before squeezing it under his arm. He gestured for his brothers to move to the far end of the lounge, clearly wanting to have a private chat with them prior to sending them into the lions den that was Sabini's territory.

"You gonna be alright with Solomons?" Jay watched Harlow challengingly as he leant against the table, causing his black suit to crinkle slightly around his ribs. 

"It's you we should be worried about. Please don't get yourself killed." Harlow pleaded, placing both hands firmly on her brothers shoulders whilst staring up at his proud eyes. Encouragingly, he held up his hand, holding out his pinky as they always did as children. 

"I promise that I won't get myself killed, as long as you don't get yourself into any trouble." Jay reasoned, as Harlow grinned and connected her pinkie with his, shaking them gently, "Deal." 

"I love you, now stay safe!" Harlow repeated eagerly, hoping that if she spoke the words out loud enough times, her wish might come true. Jay responded with a goofy smile, holding his thumbs up as he walked backwards out the room, most likely to find Lizzie before their departure.

Harlow twisted back around, watching as Arthur and John tucked their guns into their holsters, quickly covering them with their coats as a thundering of feet came from outside the door. When all four of John's children came into view, everyone immediately attempted to crack a smile. 

"Alright you lot," John summoned them over to him, swinging Charlotte up onto his back as she cried out with glee. "You be good for Pol, Rose and Lizzie." Olly and Lily nodded attentively, whilst Edward crossed him arms with an agitated expression, "We're not two, you know." 

John smirked, knowing full well he couldn't say anything to his eldest, since Edward was basically a replica of himself. "Be careful, if Polly hears you answering back she'll hit you one." Harlow warned jokingly, ruffling the boys hair as he wriggled where he stood. 

"Seriously, no fighting." He pointed at Edward who shrugged in a relaxed manner, "And running off to the library." John ordered, watching Lily as she gripped her arms comfortingly, "I did that one time." She complained, but he father had already moved on. 

"Olly, no jumping in the Cut because Finn isn't here to drag you out." The younger boy sighed dramatically, but nodded his head nonetheless. Finally, John twisted his neck round to face his daughter who was still perched with her hands on his sturdy shoulders. 

"And you, no talking to any boys." Harlow couldn't help but laugh as Charlotte pouted at the demand. Charlotte loved to talk to anybody, no matter who they were, "John, she's eight years old." 

John glanced up at Harlow, frowning at her sneakily, "Well you were seven when you met Tommy," 

A moment of realisation flooded over Harlow as she realised he had made a valid point, "You know what Charlie, your father's right, don't talk to any boys." John laughed, placing his daughter back on her feet, before straightening his jacket once again.