Part 45

As the cars began to stir and the curtains begrudgingly made way for the growing sunlight, Harlow groaned, throwing her arm across her eyes to block it out. Between herself and Ada, they had achieved around three hours of sleep after the dramatics from the night before. 

Reluctantly, Harlow pushed herself off the covers which were somehow twisted and tangled across the bed. It looked like there had been a war in the bedroom, but she was happy to blame Ada for the mess. 

"I need some tea." Harlow muttered groggily to herself as she left the safety of her room. With her dressing gown tightly wrapped around her body, she attempted to quietly descend downstairs, trying not to wake any of the boys who were littered throughout the house. 

As soon as Harlow stepped into the living room, it was like trying to navigate through a graveyard. There were random jackets strewed across the floor and polished shoes that had long lost their pair. Every few metres, she'd step over a body; not a dead one, just a heavily sleeping man with only some pillows and a blanket for comfort. 

Although she sympathised for the boys on the floor, Harlow knew there were more than enough rooms on the higher floors and clearly they were just too lazy to find one. She wasn't at all surprised to find John in the entrance to the dining room and Finn snoring gently beside the armchair. 

Thankfully, it seemed that Tommy, Jay and Michael had the sense to find a bed, whilst Arthur was snoring away on the sofa beside Jack who had failed to move after his makeshift surgery. 

However, the brunette did jump when she heard a soft voice behind her whilst she began to prepare herself and Ada a drink, "Thank god you're awake, I think everybody else is dead." Dale leaned against the wooden door frame, still wearing his white shirt from the day before. It was extremely crinkled and slightly bloodied from carrying Jack, but he still pulled off the look effortlessly. 

That's what annoyed Harlow about both the Wentworths and the Shelbys; they always looked impeccable. 

"I don't think they'll be up for a long time. How long were they drinking for?" Harlow laughed, trying to think back to the events after Jack had been stitched up. She remembered drinking, a little bit, but then she must have passed out in bed from exhaustion. 

Dale shrugged his shoulders, crossing his arms across his chest with a smile, "Who knows, long after Ada dragged you to bed though. Apparently you've got a long day of shopping ahead." 

Harlow froze as she filled the kettle, turning to the man with a look of distaste, as he chuckled at her expression, "Shopping?" She questioned, not at all feeling in the mood to be wandering around unfamiliar shops, nor did she remember actually agreeing to it in the first place. 

"In the wise, inspiring words of Ada Shelby, you need to look hot for your date to make Tommy jealous." Marvin announced with a cheerful grin as he strolled round the corner. Dale smirked as Harlow attempted to contain her giggles, hardly believing the things her best friend could come out with in front of the Wentworths. 

"I'll say it again, it's not a date." Harlow reminded slowly, juggling a teaspoon in her hand as she wandered to and fro across the kitchen. Marvin nodded patronisingly, "Right..."

Before she could intervene once more, a loud, gleeful voice came from the door way as Ada strutted in, amazingly fully dressed and almost ready to go, "Come on Harls, we have to go soon to even have a chance at finding something nice to wear for your date." 

Harlow rubbed her eyes, trying to work out how Ada had gotten up and ready so fast when she'd left her fast asleep only ten minutes before. The woman was a miracle worker.