Chapter 21

Chapter 21

Two Words, No Justice

I hate this.

Sitting inside the four walls of this room with people who are trying so hard intimidate each and everyone. Mrs. Arcilla—the dean of Student Affairs who was trying to live by her position, my parents, Adam's parents. Ni isa ay walang gustong magpdaig.

They were all eyeing each other, as if this was an intimidation contest and no one wanted to be called a 'loser'.

My gaze shifted to Adam and my jaw clenched at how calm he was at the moment, as if he didn't try to harass me.

He has bruises on his lips and on his left eye that Ciel himself did. I was never fond of rejoicing when someone got hurt but this time, I'm glad that Ciel managed to beat this disgusting fucker.

I almost cringed when he gave me a quick arrogant smirk as if he was so sure that he's gonna win this. I wanted to scream a big fuck you to his face, I wanted to lose control but I tried my best to keep my composure.

I chose to give him the benefit of the doubt, I chose to forgive, I chose to have a beautiful heart for people who kept on doing ugly things to me. All I wanted was respect. Respect is just a word, it's free, it's one's right... but why is it so hard for other people to give?

Mrs. Arcilla cleared his throat after gently dropping my Dad's phone on her table after watching my video. Yes, my video was on my Dad's phone. I hate how it was on my Dad's phone. I hate how my Dad had to go back here just to stand up for her daughter. He has a lot of surgeries to do, a lot of lives to save but here he is.

Nika managed to send the video to my parents. My Mom immediately called me, sinundo niya ako sa school noong araw na 'yon. Akala ko magagalit sila, I thought they would disown me but my Mom urged me to tell my side. And I did, she believed in me. My Mom and my Dad, they both did.

"So, who took this... uhm, video?" Medyo alanganing tanong nito habang nagpapalipat-lipat nang tingin sa amin ni Adam.

"I did..." Matapang na pag-amin ni Adam.

I clenched my fist. Trying so hard not to cry because of anger.

Mrs. Arcilla's brow arched. "Why would you video such thing? And most importantly, why would you spread it to the whole class? This is a Catholic University, Mr. De Guzman. We do not tolerate our students in doing immoral things."

"First of all, Mrs. Arcilla, hindi po ako ang nagkalat ng video. Hindi ko po alam kung sino—"

"Well, I know who!" I interjected before he could even finish his lie.

Tiningnan ako ni Mrs. Arcilla. "Hija, sino ang alam mong nagpakalat ng video?"

I swallowed, trying so hard to prevent myself from spilling my angry tears. "Si Nika Alcantara po." I said.

I heard Adam sneered. "Why would Nika do that?"

Natawa ako nang pagak. "Nagmamaang-maangan ka pa! You both planned this! Nika wanted to ruin my reputation and you want me all by yourself! Nakakasuka ka!" I hissed, finally losing my composure. My Mom held my hand, gently squeezing it.

"You can't just throw false accusations to my son just to save your face." His lawyer father interjected. Both his parents were lawyers.

He gave Mrs. Arcilla a quick glance. "With all due respect, I know this is a Catholic University but for me, it is okay to record yourselves while doing the deed. That's how couples explore sometimes. Ang mali nga lang ay may nagkalat," he paused looking at me. "But you should grateful dahil hindi iyong buong video ang kumalat, hija."