Chapter 23

Chapter 23

Words I hated To Hear From You

Nothing is constant. Everything changes. Sometimes it would take you a decade, a year, months, days, weeks, and sometimes it would only take a few seconds… a few seconds for your life to turn upsidedown.

I’ve been back to school for a month and a few weeks now. Am I living my life like a normal girl does? No. Of course not. After that disgusting video? After looking like a big fat liar for claiming that I was sexual harassed? There’s no way in hell that these people around me would let me live like a normal girl.

Ganoon naman, eh. When you do something good, nobody else notices it. But when you screwed up once, suddenly, all eyes are on you. They will all start to define you, judge you, and think the worst of you. And it’s funny because they don’t even know the whole story.

Nagitla ako at nahila ng realidad nang dumampi ang isang malamig at basang bagay sa aking pisngi. I jolted and yanked away from it as I stared up just to meet Ciel’s lazy grin.

It was then I realized that he bought me an ice cold bottled water. “Inom ka na nang gamot mo. Ipinanghingi na rin kita sa clinic.” He said, placing the bottled water and a sealed tablet of mefenamic acid on my desk before finally sitting beside me.

I smiled at him. “Sabi mo mag C-CR ka lang…” I said.

I have been silently groaning before our Biology class even started. I didn’t tell him, I was trying to be discreet as possible but he still noticed. He asked me what’s happening and I told him that I’m having menstrual cramps. Gusto niya akong dalhin sa clinic pero hindi ko pumayag, it’s our Biology period. There’s no way that I’m gonna miss this.

“Mag thank you ka na lang, Clavel.” Aniya.

Natawa ako nang bahagya kahit na ramdam ko pa rin ang pananakit ng puson ko. “Thank you po,” I smiled sweetly at him.

Napangisi siya at bahagyang naningkit ang mga mata. “Feeling mo niyan cute ka?” He teased, making my smile fall into a slight frown.

Mas lalong lumawak ang mga ngisi niya. “Kunsabagay. Cute ka naman.”

“Alam mo? Pinapaasa mo na naman ako. Banat-banat ka tapos maya-maya sasabihin mo you can’t reciprocate my feelings.” I told him, honestly and bravely in a joking manner.

He didn’t answer. He actually went quiet for a few seconds as his grin slowly leaves his face.

He eyed the bottle and the tablet on my desk. “Inumin mo na para mawala na ‘yang sakit ng puson mo.”

“Chill. I was just kidding. Friends can give each other compliments.” I say, looking at him with a small grin forming on my lips. “You have hot as fuck curls and a dimple that is so irresistible not to look at everytime it appears.” I said, giving him a compliment… or simply stating two of the many things that I love about him.

“See? Compliment!” Bawi ko kaagad.

He eyed me for a second, his features are getting lighter as a low yet sexy chuckle rose from his throat.

“Now I know why you rarely give compliments… they can make the receiver go speechless.” He said, grinning at me for a few seconds before eyeing the bottle and the tablet. “Go drink that already.” He said, nodding at my desk.

I nodded my head as I do what he say. He didn’t take his eyes off me. While I was unsealing the tablet, opening the cap, popping the tablet into my mouth, and drinking the water from the bottle. He was watching me all the time.

After resealing the cap, he looked at me with full of anticipation.

“You feeling better now?” He asked.