Chapter 30

Chapter 30

Mothers Know Best

Ang bilis ng kalabog ng dibdib ko habang papalapit ako sa kanila. Ciel was currently surrounded by the kids, he was grimacing in pain as he stared at his hand. There's a wood with a nail pierced in it, at iyong katawan ng pako ay nakabaon sa palad gilid ng palad ni Ciel.

"Ay! Kuya!"

"Mamaaaa!"

"Oh fuck! Baby, cover your eyes! Cover your eyes!" I heard Colton's voice.

"Colton, I'm a nurse and I've seen worse than that! Para kang ewan diyan!" Si Jess.

Iyan ang reaksyon nila nang biglang hilain ni Ciel ang kahoy upang mahugot sa palad niya ang pako na nakabaon doon. What he did made me gasp. I didn't expect that he's as brave as that to pull the nail out from his skin.

"Ugh! Fuck!" He groaned, tossing the wood on the ground.

I couldn't even understand a thing they're saying because all I could hear was Ciel's pained groans as the blood kept on gushing out of the skin of his palm.

"Kids, out of the way!" Hindi ko mapigilang maisigaw dahil nakapaikot sa kanya ang mga bata na may kaniya-kaniyang reaksyon sa sitwasyon. But mostly it was fear... I was kind of scared, too. Not because of his punctured wound but because of the thought that he has punctured wound and now he's hurting.

The kids made a way for me and I immediately went to Ciel who was currently holding the wrist of his injured hand while wincing in pain. Nakasilay ang isang ugat sa kanyang leeg habang sa sentido niya ay may namumuong pawis.

"Let me see..." I said, holding his wrist to inspect his wound. It was deep but not too deep that it reached his bones. Thank God!

"Iyong buong pako ba ang bumaon sa palad mo?" I asked for confirmation. I was trying so hard to keep calm and keep my voice still amidst the loud bang on every pulse that I have in my body.

He hissed a harsh breath.

"No. Just half of it." Nakangiwi niyang sabi habang nag-iigting ang kanyang bagang dahil sa sakit. His hand is covered with his own blood and it's dripping on the ground.

I reached for the handkerchief that I used to tie my hair, letting all the strands fall. I can feel his eyes on me and I can't tell what kind of stare he's giving me because my main focus was his injury.

I pressed the cloth on Ciel's wound to stop it from bleeding.

"Let's go clean your wound." I said guiding him inside the orphanage.

"Mirae, do we have Td here?" Tanong ko nang madaanan namin sina Mirae. Kasalukuyang nakayakap si Mila sa kanya at nakabaon ang mukha nito sa may tiyan ni Mirae.

"Yes, Doc. Sa stockroom." She replied. It's great the three of us who run this orphanage are women of medicine. Hindi mahirap makahanap ng first aid, mga gamot, at vaccine.

Tumango ako at muling iginiya si Ciel.

"Man, that looks bad. Is he gonna die?" Colton said, looking at Ciel's injury with a sneer on his face.

"Yes. And I'm the one whose going to kill him." Tiim bagang kong sabi.

"Kids, pray for Ciel." I even heard him say.

"Oh God... Hold me, Mirae. Manganganak ako ng maaga dahil dito sa gago kong asawa."

I didn't react, seryoso kong hinatak si Ciel papasok sa loob hanggang sa makarating kami sa loob ng banyo. We have three four first aid kits and one was placed in the bathroom.