Chapter 41

Warning: A very sensitive topic ahead, I tried my best to left out the details but still, some people might find this triggering so if you easily get triggered please, PLEASE, skip this part. I care for you and your mental health and I don't want to put you back in a situation that you're trying to escape.

Chapter 41

The Worst Antagonist In The Story Together With Her Story

"Ang galing mo doon, Doc! Kinakabahan na 'ko kanina, malapit nang maubusan ng dugo ang pasyente." Mirae said while we're lathering our hands with soap, making sure to not leave any droplet of blood in our arms.

"I wouldn't be able to do that without the team's help," I said. I don't want to get all the praises and honor. Being in a field of medicine requires a lot of teamwork. A hospital won't function without a nurse, medical technologist, radtechs, and so many more. It is a wide field and it's sad because the television used to show only the surface.

Mirae chuckled. "But we can't really deny the fact that you're a great surgeon."

"True," I said, giving her a teasing smile. We both chuckle at my arrogance.

After doing all the protocols after every bloody operation, Mirae and I both stepped out of the operating room. While we're walking around the hallway parehas kaming natigilan ni Mirae nang makita namin si Nika na kasalukuyang kausap si Dr. Ramirez.

"Si Nika ba 'yon?" Pansin ni Mirae.

I nodded my head, my eyes were still fixed at Nika and Dr. Ramirez. He was smiling the whole time he's talking with Nika. This was the first time that I saw the lightness in his aura again ever since Nika left.

"Baka kinausap na ulit ni Chief." Mirae commented.

"Sana." I absentmindedly said. She was just wearing a casual white flowy dress and her hair was pulled down into its natural waves. She looks like an angel today... And the way she softly smiles back at Ryan makes her look more pure and genuine. Ibang-iba siya sa Nika na nakilala ko noong highschool kami.

Matagal nang ganito ang aura ni Nika, simula noong una ko siyang nakita dito sa ospital at nagta-trabaho rin katulad ko. It was like the old wicked Nika suddenly died and she was replaced by an angel with sad eyes. Ngayon ko lang ito nakuhang pagtuonan nang pansin dahil napupuno pa nang galit ang puso ko noon.

Maybe this is how the art of forgiveness works, it lets you see the beauty with the person who once hurt you before.

"Ryan..." Nika called her when Dr. Ramirez was about to turn his back to attend his patients or do some rounds.

"First name basis. Sana all." Bulong ng katabi ko. Itong katabi kong 'to, half anghel, half chismosa. Well, we're both eavesdropping Ryan and Nika. That makes me a chismosa, too. And if Megi was just here, she would address me as half satan, half chismosa.

"Bakit? Engineer ba ang gusto ni Eli na itawag mo sa kanya?" I teased her.

She frowned. "Ewan ko sa'yo, Doc." Iling-iling niyang sabi. I just grinned, looking back at the two.

Ramirez was still looking at her, quite flabbergasted. "You called me by my name finally. After all my never ending attempts to insist!" Ramirez said, chuckling.

Nika just smiled before getting something out from her small sling bag. It was a small black envelope. I guess it was a letter. But why was it in a black envelope?

"What's this?" Ramirez, accepted it as his forehead creased.

"It's a letter," Nika said in an 'obviously' tone, chuckling a little.