Chapter 32

Chapter 32

Science & Faith

Sinungaling!

That accusation and word is what I keep on screaming inside my head. Tahimik akong humakbang paakyat sa hagdan habang paulit-ulit na rumerehistro ang pagmumukha ng Peyton na iyon sa utak ko.

I didn't accept the handshake that she was offering me, I just stared at her hand for three good seconds before giving her the bowl of chinese orange chicken that I prepared for that liar, deceiver, fabricator, and so on!

Why would I hold her hand? God knows what that hand had caressed before she popped out on the door!

"Give that to him!" Nakairap kong sabi bago muling pumasok sa loob ng condo ko. Kaya pala madaling-madali siya ay dahil may ex pala siyang naghihintay sa kanya. Gagawin pa niyang dahilan ang kapatid niya na isa pang peste sa buhay ko.

I grinned, tauntingly as I continued taking steps through the stairs.

I was wearing my silk nightdress with my robe on it while I was holding a glass of wine. I'm on my way to the rooftop of this building kung saan naroon ang infinity pool. Well, I'm not there to swim, I'm there to sit on the lounger and go get some fresh night breeze.

Yep. A Thursday night with a glass of wine and exasperation as to why I feel disappointed on what I just saw. That's how I'm gonna spend the night of my day off. Lovely.

"Oh, give me a break..." I harshly whispered under my breath the moment I saw the familiar built of a guy lying on one of the three loungers here.

Long legs crossed and an arm folded to the back of his head. His lips were shut giving me a small glimpse of that parenthesis-like dimple, jaw tightly clenched, and he was staring at completely nothing, like he was in deep thoughts.

I exhaled a quiet breath and before I could even turn my back, those deep brown eyes suddenly bore towards my direction.

I freeze for a moment and he was just casual, eyeing me intently. Not even surprised that I was standing here.

I was about to turn my back at him but then I stopped mid step when he suddenly opened his mouth to speak.

"It's alright. You can stay. I'll leave in a few minutes." He said, his voice was low. Just like how I always wanted it.

Actually, why am I even leaving just because he's here? Parehas kaming nagbabayad, therefore we have the same privilege to stay in this area kaya bakit ako naga-adjust?

I clenched my jaw, my hold on the wine glass slightly grew tight before taking steps towards his direction, occupying the vacant lounger just beside him.

He watched me, not taking his eyes off me until I was seated on the lounger next to him. I wanted to salute myself for not stumbling as I make my way here since I can't deny the fact that his stares alone have this strong capability to make my knees go weak.

"Wine," I offered him, dryly. He's now looking up above the night sky.

"I'm good." He said in his low voice that almost sent vibrations on every single part of my body.

Hindi na ako nagsalita pa, I just took a sip of my wine and looked up in the night sky too.

"Thanks for the chicken by the way. It was great." He said. From my peripheral vision, I saw that he's now looking at me again.

Oh, that chicken. It reminded me of why I was here, desperately wanted to think and wash out all my frustrations that I shouldn't be feeling anyway.