Chapter 22.

HOPE YOU ENJOY

PLEASE VOTE

"Good Morning Pidgey" Lance cheered as he walked towards his desk seeing her sitting on a cheap plastic one they normally get suspects sit in when filling out a report.

"Shh" Pidge hushed back, a finger to her lips as she turned to him before turning back  to Keith who was fast asleep, his face on his desk as he sat in his chair. 

"I guess he did have a late night, what time did he get home" Lance asked as he sat down careful not to wake his partner.

"He didn't, I guessed he probably had to stay behind with the victim or something. When I got to work for seven, I found his like this, asleep on his desk" Pidge mumbled back, her other hand stroking Keith hair a little smiling as he seemed at peace while she did so.

"Yeah, well the victim did seem very attached to Keith. She wouldnt let him go until he told her wouldnt leave her. Even as Adam checked her over and patched her up, she begged him to stay in the room making him stand with his back to her while Adam did his doctor thing" Lance answered with a slight grin.

"Well why some say he seems scary, he does has a safe calming vibe. I'm not surprised she trusted him so easily" Pidge smiled sweetly her eyes staying on her sleeping boyfriend.

"Oh I wouldnt call it trust, The look in her eyes when she finally stop crying where we saved her and she lifted her head to look at Keith .. Man that a girl looking to her knight in shining armour she plans to marry" Lance joked as he started writing his report not seeing Pidge tense slightly.

"I'm sure she just thankful for being saved, I'm sure its not love" Pidge grumbled and Lance glanced up before looking to the two lovers, the peaceful look on Keith face by her touch and Pidge love filled eyes before smiling.

"Yeah I'm sure she doesn't love him nor would Keith ever love her if she did. He already got his own princess and happy ever after" Lance grinned, watching as Pidge turn to him with a small blush.

"I wasnt jealous" Pidge muttered and Lance chuckled.

"Oh, I know ... I remember the last time you got jealous and still have the nightmares ... I know you were just worried over the girl thinking she in love when it was just the fear messing with her brain as she finally became safe. I notice how awkward Keith gets when he has correct the victims or break it of the one sided love .. he really hates dealing with such stuff" Lance replied and Pidge nodded.

"Will the girl be ok, I know Keith may act uncaring but this case is important to him. He wants to stop the criminal before anyone else dies and I'm sure he taking the other victim death a little hard" Pidge asked with concern and Lance took a small breath.

"Keith was the last one seen with the living victim, she begged him to stay until the witness protection unit came. Me and James tried staying instead since he wanted to return to you knowing you were starting the autopsy after we handed you the paper slip. But the women just won't let him go something about how she won't be safe without him. I guess witness protection took longer then we hope for him to just stay at the station"  Lance explained and Pidge gave a slight nod in understanding.

"Well I started the autopsy but not all the old files were sent over so I couldn't check for certain things making me stop. Luckily they sent them in this morning meaning I'll be stuck in my lab for most of the day. I just wanted to get a nice look at him, I was worried when he didnt return last night" Pidge mumbled with a slight smile her hand slowing down with the stroking.