two.

⠀⠀˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳ 𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐚𝐲 — 𝟑:𝟏𝟕 𝐩𝐦⠀

˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳
𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐚𝐲 — 𝟑:𝟏𝟕 𝐩𝐦

the music was teaching his brain how to flow, how cut through the air like a knife to deliver blows that fueled his muscles to continue beating into the leather. it thumped so hard he could feel it vibrate his bones and force the anger to leave his body like the sweat running down his temples and bare chest.

it ran like the ink that stained his arms, tears falling down his body and soaking the shorts that rode low on his hips. the music was loud, beats coursing through his veins about the explode from hours of exertion.

jeon jungkook felt his knuckles bleed through the bandages and stamp the leather beneath them, only stopped when the music abruptly cut off. the male grunted and delivered one final harsh blow to the bag, the blood matched the anger in his eyes.

it was time for lessons to start. the same time every day and cutting his own sessions of frustration short. his wiped the sweat off his face and pushed back his long black hair with a tattooed and bloodied hand.

jungkook walked to the bathroom and opened the medicine cabinet, almost robotically as he took the bottle of alcohol and poured it over the split skin and washed the red down the drain without much of a careless blink. he wrapped them up and put away the things, grabbing a shirt to cover his torso before heading out.

the jeon-kali gym was open most day, most hours depending on the service. his private office/workout space was upstairs, a spiral staircase leading down to the main gym where cardio equipment lined the north wall and a boxing ring in the middle. there were mats along the south wall, mirrors reflecting sweaty bodies and determined looks of high school boys trying to prove something by being the biggest and strongest.

it was a private fitness gym, mainly for boxing and anyone willing to pay the monthly subscription for training. jungkook was only good because of his father, who started the business and left it for him. the east wall had openings on either side to the entrance, an office in the middle and a front desk on the other side for members to sign in and walk to the back.

jungkook used his card to swipe into the office, walking through to the front desk and seeing the usual groups of high school jocks showing up like clock work with their parents money. they were talking about some bullshit, nothing the ravenette could possibly be interested in and wondering if he sounded as unintelligent four years ago. "—she was so good man." one of the guys had said, swiping his membership card and waiting for the green light to walk back. two of the other guys chuckled at his comment, probably something crude.

he watched them all swipe in and carry their fancy bags and letterman jackets to the back. it was a business, and jungkook knew he needed the customers, but sometimes he really wished he could deny some people his services.

there were people he didn't really mind, much like the tall male walking in with sunglasses on and a blinding smile to pair it with as usual. "what's up jeon." he grinned, taking out his card and swiping himself in.

"namjoon." the ravenette said, nodding in greeting. it wasn't as cheery of a welcoming, but for the tattooed male that was a lot. namjoon knew this, he'd been coming here for a while and he knew jungkook meant well with every nod and wave that wasn't paired with deathly stares promising silent threats. "summer season is coming." namjoon said, seeing how the boss just nodded again.

"are you signing up this year." jungkook asked. he didn't mind the small talk, not with him at least.

namjoon shook his head, "probably not, it's not really my thing but i'll still be around to do my own thing." he said. jungkook just nodded again, and the smiling male bid goodbye to head on back into the gym and start his workout so he could make it home for dinner.

jungkook watched the front desk for a moment, and then he walked back into the fitness center. fists met boxing bags and grunts left clenched teeth — too many men with improper stances and breathing techniques that would have them winded far sooner than usual if they opened their brains to learn something other then punch right, punch left, duck! punch punch.

there were a particular group of boys that came every day, the ones swiping in and talking rudely about someone's daughter. they messed around most of the time, pretend fighting and acting tough. "what are you looking at jeon." the one decided he would be bold today and speak up.

jungkook didn't say anything, and he just rose an eyebrow that disappeared behind equally dark bangs. they should be cut soon, but he was kinda liking the way they were growing out and he could tie it back soon.

apparently the silence was getting to him, because the guy cocked his head to the side, and then his annoying voice filled the room again. "did you not hear me?" seojoon said.

"i was looking at how bad your form was." jungkook said. his muscles flexed under the ink and fabric of his shirt when he crossed his arms, and he didn't move as the high school kid stepped up to him. "excuse me?"

the owner just blinked, bored already. "your stance was unbalanced. you'd lose your footing with the first swing and your own weight will drag you down." jungkook said, and he patted the boys shoulder, "but sure, keep standing around chatting and maybe you'll get better." he could practically see the steam coming off the teenager as jungkook passed him and headed back to the spiral staircase leading up to his private quarters.

seojoons chest was heaving after the clear insult, an attack on his strength and ability to fight. "you watch how you talk jeon, i pay your bills!" he shouted.

anger was such an easy outlet when someone was down on their knees and left with nothing else but lame words to throw rather than an actual decent punch. they bounced off jungkooks back like nothing, and the swears hit the door and slid to the ground like the sweat sliding off his temples.

jungkook turned to face the windows, looking down at his gym with crossed arms and calculating eyes. no one could see in, all they'd see were mirrors reflecting the fitness center, but jungkook stood and watched, like he usually did — until the free-form hours ended and the real nigh training started, because just like namjoon had said, summer season was starting. that's when the real fun began.

⠀⠀

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬