twelve.

⠀⠀˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳ 𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐚𝐲 — 𝟕:𝟑𝟓 𝐚𝐦⠀

˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳
𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐚𝐲 — 𝟕:𝟑𝟓 𝐚𝐦

that morning the cafeteria doors burst open to the dining hall and they were hit in the face with the smell of cheap breakfast sausage and stale biscuits — everything the shorter boy was looking forward too and smothered in gravy. "wait, so he showed up at your house?" jimin asked again, this was the fourth time he did.

taehyung was still nodding vigorously each time. "yes. with fries."

"now i want him." jimin said.

his best friend just rolled his eyes and they continued to walk to the breakfast line. it's been on his mind all weekend, and taehyung told his friend that they couldn't speak over the phone and it had to be in person. "and he kissed you?"

"shut up no." taehyung whispered and smacked his friend hard on the arm, but not before looking around as if people would actually be listening in on their talk. it was barely 8 am, no one was awake and functioning at this time. "he almost did, but i said no."

now it was jimins turn to smack his friend. "and why the fuck would you do that?" he said, smiling politely now at the lunch lady as he took his tray from over the counter. taehyung did the same and thanked her, he never really ate it but at least his friend got seconds this way. "because i have a boyfriend."

jimin just sighed and they walked to a free table, sitting across from each other as usual. "did you at least want to?" he asked.

"oh hell yeah." taehyung wasn't single, but he also wasn't an idiot. he understood that feeling in his tummy whenever he saw the dark haired male and when he looked at him and when he stood so close it was easy to smell the cologne mixed with sweat on him. he knew it because he remembered feeling that way with seojoon, now he's not so sure.

he didn't miss the huge grin on his friends face though, and the way jimin threw his hands in the air, "there we go! baby steps." he said before taking the biscuit and ripping it in half.

it was a tiny bit of hope, that simple admittance showing some light through that fog. that hope was brief, so quick it's like the two boys blinked and it was gone. it left when the arm landed on the boys shoulders, weighing down his small frame and blinding him again. taehyung was surprised to see seojoon sitting there.

"hey babe." he said, kissing the boys cheek. taehyung smiled, "hi."

"listen, i wanted to talk to you." seojoon said, "i know ive been busy with the football season and training so i wanted to make it up to you." he was still holding onto the boy, keeping him close by the shoulders. "let me take you to breakfast tomorrow, it'll be way better than this stuff."

taehyung looked down at the tray beside him of biscuit and soupy gravy, then back up at his boyfriend. he was unsure, torn between two feelings. "like, skip school? it's a tuesday." he said. jimin was just watching curiously, with a face of course, but still curious.

"come on, you've never skipped a single class let alone the day. no one will suspect it." seojoon said, but he sat back a little at the boys lack of enthusiasm for the idea. taehyung felt it, and he frowned some more. "okay." he said. seojoon smiled and kissed the boys cheek again before getting up, "i'll pick you up."

that's the last thing he said before leaving the dining hall to go to wherever. the other did the same once the bell rang, heading off to separate classes just to meet up for lunch later on with hoseok.

that's what normally happened though, except today the silver haired boy waited patiently in the hall by his locker until most of the students flowed by in a river of stress and chemistry textbooks. jimin stood casually, but he was watching every person walk by until he recognized his friend and grabbed his arm.

jimin yanked hoseok sideways with a yelp leaving the olders mouth. they were in a supply closet now, the door shut and covering them in darkness until jimin switched on the light and revealed shelves of bleach and cleaners and a scared hobi right in the middle. "dude what the fuck." he said.

"shut up." jimin whispered, smacking the boys arm and just resulting in a louder yelp. hoseok glared at him and rubbed the spot just below his shoulder, "what do you want weirdo." he asked his younger friend, not completely surprised they ended up here since their friendship typically landed them in odd places. "we're going on a mission tomorrow."

that had him curious now, eyeing the shorter male and lowering his hand now to stop rubbing at the stinging area. "okay bet." hoseok said, not even caring much what it was. if his friend needed him on a mission he was totally there no matter what it was.

"tae is skipping school to go out with seojoon so we're gonna follow them." jimin said.

hoseok made a noise when the male was mentioned, especially in the same sentence as their lovely friend. "i thought he liked that jeon guy." he said.

"well about that," jimin said with a light laugh. he quickly filled in his friend with what went on this weekend, from the way jungkook shut up seojoon at the gym to him even showing up at his house that night and the almost kiss. hoseok was listening to every bit, whether because the story was actually interesting or he just really liked listening to jimin talk.

jimin had a way with words. he could be talking about the most boring thing ever, but somehow his expressions and the way he spoke had anyone hanging onto his words.

"so what's the plan?" hoseok opened the supply closet and the two boys walked into the empty hallway. jimin followed beside him and suddenly realized he didn't think that far into their mission. "i have no idea." he admitted, "but i have until the end of the day to think of something."

his friend just laughed at that, the sound filling the hall and bouncing off lockers and escaping through the vents to fill the sky and touch the sun. that's how powerful he was. jimin smiled at the sound. "you'll think of something." hoseok said once he stopped laughing, "you always do."

⠀⠀

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
kinda filler chapter ♡