nine.

⠀⠀˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳ 𝐬𝐚𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐝𝐚𝐲 — 𝟔:𝟎𝟐 𝐩𝐦⠀

˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳
𝐬𝐚𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐝𝐚𝐲 — 𝟔:𝟎𝟐 𝐩𝐦

night training on the weekend was more strict, more exclusive and more intense than the other nights. while the fitness was subscription only, there were free-form hours where members could come and do as they pleased — whether than be personal routines or one set forth by the center itself.

weekends and night hours were reserved for the real training, the kind that had the tattooed mans blood pulsing and temper rising just at the thought of releasing all the pent up rage trapped behind layers of flesh and bone.

it was a red emotion covered up by a stone cold expression, the only hint of anything being revealed by that subtle smirk resting on thin pink lips. jungkook had his arms crossed, pacing back and forth while the guys faced each other. they were in pairs, eight of them down to four groups and ready to follow the procedures. they were waiting, supposedly light on their toes as they calculated and waited. it was everything they needed to be doing, what they were told.

jungkook saw the way one kid, a senior in high school who probably had adhd, he was leaning forward and visibly eager to move. there was no patience in his limbs, no stealth in the thoughts running through his mind. he wore the loss like a mask. he had already lost.

"go." it was one syllable, but he said it firmly and loud, echoing in the fitness center and evaporating amongst grunts and over exertions of muscles. jungkook watched the pairs advance on each other, seeing who'd pin the other to the mat first.

it only took forty three seconds for the last pair to finish. jungkook just clenched his jaw and walked past them all. "again." he said. "and don't think i'm not watching." he said right before climbing the stairs and slamming the door behind him.

some of them very clearly didn't appreciate the lack of feedback from their instructor, but others weren't even surprised by it. jungkook had that kind of reputation — he'd teach one thing and won't move on until they perfected that technique. it's what had people either loving the services at jeon-kali fitness or hating it and turning to others.

jungkook didn't seen to care, he never really did. his attention stayed on the pairs down below, arms still crossed and eyes locked on every single movement and punch thrown or leg swung. it was abnormal for his attention to wander, to be pulled away from anything that didn't involve what he was fully invested in at that moment.

that's why he had no idea why he found himself looking away and suddenly not thinking about proper forms and stance technique. all because of that stupid pink blob coming bouncing around the corner, with a silly grin and big brother right beside him.

jungkooks eyes narrowed, but his pulse didn't raise with its typical anger. that just made him even more frustrated.

the man stomped back down the metal stairs despite just climbing up, seeing his newest guests entering the center. "namjoon." jungkook said greeting the male, and casting a glance to the familiar boy behind him. taehyung grinned, waiting for his own greeting and getting none.

"figured i put in a few hours." namjoon said it as if he needed it.

jungkook just nodded and they did some handshake, the youngest just rolling his eyes at the manly gesture and watching his big brother walk off with his gym bag in hand. the tattooed male stood there still, eyeing the boy. "i don't suppose you plan to wrestle." jungkook said.

taehyung looked down at his outfit, running his palms down the silky orange material over his torso and then his white skinny jeans. he looked up with a small grin, "what, do you need a partner?"

"no." jungkook said. then he walked away.

it should have been a sign, a hint that he wasn't to be followed, but jungkook apparently grew an extra shadow. and this one liked to talk.
"did you see how i organized your portfolios? and the newer members and the ones in order from least to most attendance days?" taehyung asked.

they were standing in the small office now, the one behind the front desk and separating that area from the back. "i did." the older said, trying to busy himself with finding something he wasn't sure he needed yet.

it was silent, and that had the ravenette curious. jungkook stood up straighter and faced him now, seeing how taehyung stood there with his palm facing upwards. gosh he was so expectant, standing there with a sweet smile. jungkook just rose an eyebrow, and then high fived the boys hand.

taehyung was certainly surprised, staring at the spot on his hand that had just been touched by jeon jungkooks. "wow." he said. "maybe he does have a sense of humor."

jungkook was back to subtlety glaring again. "shut up." he said. "why are you here anyways."

"you said we'd talk later." taehyung said. he sat down at the desk and rolled around in the chairs, spinning in circles while it sat in place. jungkook just leaned back against the opposite wall, arms crossed and that damn eyebrow raised once again. "talk."

the spinning abruptly stopped and taehyungs jaw was hanging slack again. "me?" he sounded shocked, as if the handsome ravenette never seemed to listen to anything that came out of his mouth. he probably didn't. "you owe me for helping you out." taehyung said.

not much got on his nerves, but the lack of words coming from jungkook was starting to push his buttons. especially when he stood there with his dark eyes and crossed arms, those stupid arms and stupid tattoos and stupid veins —

taehyung blinked. he didn't even realize jungkook had walked forward and stopped just in front of him, only to lean down and place both palms on either side of the chair he was sitting in. "alright kim." jungkooks voice seemed to be octaves lower, and raspier, and suddenly the air was sucked out of taehyungs lungs. "what would you like from me?" his head tilted to the side as he asked, so close and such simple words that shouldn't have blossomed certain thoughts in taehyungs mind.

but they were there, little buds that turned into pretty petals and exploding pollen on the inside of his eyes and coming out of his ears to collect in his lap and fill the little space between them. taehyung didn't know he was moving closer, not until jungkook smirked, and then held up a notebook between them.

the younger suddenly realized what position they were in and how close the boxer was. jungkook tapped the notebook against his nose and he didn't even realize that he had taken it off the desk from behind him. "you forget this here last time." jungkook stood up straighter and dropped the chemistry notes in the boys lap before stepped away.

and the whole time, there was that damn smirk on those pink lips that matched taehyungs pink cheeks.

⠀⠀

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
do we sense tension or is it overthinking ♡