twenty seven.

⠀⠀˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳ 𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐚𝐲 — 𝟗:𝟒𝟕 𝐚𝐦⠀

˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳
𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐚𝐲 — 𝟗:𝟒𝟕 𝐚𝐦

the history teacher was passing out their tests from last friday, apparently wanting to kill their self esteems early on a monday morning. taehyung had chewed his bottom lip raw and the end of his pen continuously tapped against the empty notebook in front of him, the usual doodles were replaced by jagged scribbles and angry lines, anything else to distract his mind.

his test landed in front of him, marked up and exposing how little he really studied for this chapter. taehyung saw the red all the over the page, the way the ink sat in crosses over numbers and an obnoxious circle surrounding the bad grade. he stared more at the paper, everything around him being drowned out as he stared and chewed. soon the ink started to drip down the page, long red tears that got thicker and poured down the paper.

taehyung felt his breathing quicken, bringing his palms to rub across the front of the test and smear the red ink across the pretty white sheet, creating a mess that stained his hands. he blinked, and he was back in that alley, hands bloody and shaking as he held the olders head in his lap and continued saying his name between broke sobs.

he didn't even realize that he started to cry, until the girl beside him poked his shoulder. "are you okay?" she whispered quietly, not wanting to draw unwanted attention to the boy if he was feeling unwell.

taehyung looked down at his palms, and then at the test, no more blood. he nodded and spoke shakily, "i'm okay."

jungkook wasn't okay last night.

taehyung blinked again and rubbed at his eyes to stop the tears so no one noticed him having a breakdown in the middle of honors world history.

"hyung, i'm s-sorry."

his own voice echoed in his head, and taehyung couldn't stop his hands from coming up to cover his ears, as if that would stop the thoughts from filling his head and pouring out his ears and mouth and any other place that would let the guilt escape and make itself known.

taehyung abruptly got up from his seat, not even asking to be excused before he grabbed his things and left the classroom. he couldn't slow his breathing as he walked, not down the hall and not as he shoved open the bathroom door and kicked it shut behind him.

the boy stumbled over to the sink, turning on the water and splashing his face. taehyung had his hands on the edge of the sink, head down and staring at the water flow down the sink. he closed his eyes, and all he could see was the red going down the drain — so much blood, there was so much blood.

they had stumbled into the gym, taehyung doing his best at dragging the older along by carrying his arm over his shoulder, but jungkook was stumbling and nearly out of it all. "hyung, let me call an ambulance." taehyung was still crying, the older still bleeding and about to pass out again.