forty two.

⠀⠀˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳ 𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐚𝐲 — 𝟗:𝟑𝟓 𝐩𝐦⠀

˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳
𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐚𝐲 — 𝟗:𝟑𝟓 𝐩𝐦

they all sat around the kims kitchen table that night, drinks passed around for the older ones and lemonade for those not old enough. it was a celebratory moment, for most of them that is. mrs. kim may have been the only one still not in favor of her sons extracurricular activities. she stood beside him, bandage and cloth in hand as she wiped at one wound on his sharp cheekbone.

"i'm happy you won." she told her son, pressing down on the wound so namjoon winced. "now you have so reason to do it again."

jungkook chuckled at that, he's spent plenty of times listening to parents and relatives who didn't understand the fights and wounds that came from it. namjoon had also chuckled, minus the wince from pain, "thanks mom," he said, "and when it's all up and running, you all get discounts at namnam shack!" he slammed the beer bottle down on the table, making his poor mother jump at the noise.

"hell yeah!" jimin cheered, a lemonade in the air at the promise of his coupons for a corner store that didn't exist yet. his best friends mother looked at him, and he boy sheepishly smiled knowing it was due to the language that slipped past his lips.

"that's what you're deciding to call it?" taehyung giggled a little at the name his brother declared in his tipsy state. he really hopes he'll think a little more on that idea. jungkook was watching the boy, a hand on his thigh hidden underneath the table, but a very prominent fond smile on his face at hearing that pretty giggle. something so simple had him feeling so much.

namjoon nodded, the wound on his cheekbone now covered with a bandage that hid the red irritation on the skin. "i like the name," he said, picking up his beer again, the short beside him leaning forward and hanging on to ever word he said. "and with the prize money i'll be more than half way saved up for it." he was smiling proud of himself, and that happiness was shared around for most.

it only wavered on taehyungs face, who knew the numbers and knew something wasn't fitting in its proper place. "only half way?" he asked, "but wasn't the lease for the building you were looking at only 900 thousand won?" now he was looking beside him at the tattooed male, who suddenly thought the beer bottle in his hand was the most interesting thing in the world.

jungkook could feel his eyes on him, and he tore his gaze away from the bottle to look at those warm brown eyes. they were so questioning, so confused. jungkook knew taehyung was aware how much money was in the prize reward, and he knew that was namjoon was talking about was too low to be accurate. the older was only thankful in that moment for taehyung not to keep talking about it, but he knew the younger wasn't about to forget their promise to talk. now they just had more to talk about.