five.

⠀⠀˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳ 𝐰𝐞𝐝𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐝𝐚𝐲 — 𝟕:𝟎𝟎 𝐩𝐦⠀

˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳
𝐰𝐞𝐝𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐝𝐚𝐲 — 𝟕:𝟎𝟎 𝐩𝐦

dinner at the kims house was very structured and polished. it was at the same time every night and everyone was expected to be in their seats with their hands washed and postures straight when the clock said 7 pm.

that's when taehyung came stumbling down the stairs at 6:59 pm with wet hands and wild hair, his mother just rose an eyebrow at her son who smiled sheepishly. "i used pomegranate soap." the boy said while holding his hands out over the table as if they could see that he clearly washed them.

"next time use a towel to dry them as well." his mother smiled and continued to fold her napkin in her lap.

they weren't some strict family with posh rules and rituals to follow, it was just easier this way, and habits were hard to break. most of it came from politeness as well. if their mother would spend evenings cooking for them all without a complaint leaving perfectly painted red lips, then the rest of the kims felt no reason to not follow these simple preferences.

"pass the green beans please." namjoon said to his brother, who obliged, and easily passed over his own plate. mrs. kim noticed this and rose an eyebrow at the boy, who just grinned again. "i want more mashed potatoes, i have no room for green beans." taehyung said, or maybe it was the stomach full of junk food speaking for him.

she just hummed and continued to serve her own food and passing on the dishes to her right where her husband sat at the head of the table. his eyes were busy looking at his phone, most likely something to do with work or a business partner that didn't understand the concept of family dinner time.

"are you sure it's not because you already had-" namjoon didn't get to finish that because his little brother kicked him in the shin from underneath the table. he grunted and glare at the innocently smiling boy, who just slapped a big stack of potatoes on his plate. taehyung set the bowl down and turned back to his mom, "hey mom, can i have friends sleep over friday night?"

mrs. kim started to cut her steak into strips, pushing them aside until it was completely done. "you know you don't have to ask sweetie." she told her son.

"i know." taehyung said, "but when there's an obscene amount of food missing the next day i'm just saying. it was probably hobi."

his parents knew this, they knew the boys had friends that came and ate away at the pantry and fridge until there was nothing left. they'd always have the house keepers and helpers go out for more for the following week. taehyung always asked anyways, it was the politeness maybe, or the fact that he seemed to always need to ask before he did things.