twenty one.

⠀⠀˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳ 𝐭𝐡𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐝𝐚𝐲 — 𝟏𝟏:𝟏𝟐 𝐚𝐦⠀

˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳
𝐭𝐡𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐝𝐚𝐲 — 𝟏𝟏:𝟏𝟐 𝐚𝐦

choosing between a mix of emotions was never easy. it was hard to decide if a feeling was meant to be good or would result in more harm later on. that's all taehyung could think about now. whenever he woke in the mornings he'd lay there for a moment, recalling the night before and the handsome mans lips leaving his own swollen and wanting more.

those thoughts didn't leave when he got to school either, as he doodled in his notes and completely disregarded the review powerpoints for future exams because he was too busy thinking about what he was going to do after school today. his friends also noticed the way he was in a good mood today, kinda smiling to himself even in chemistry. other people noticed too, some didn't care and some did.

that person seemed to know more than what that sweet smile on taehyungs face said, because he saw — and that's why he grabbed the boys arm when he walked past on the way to lunch, tugging him inside an empty classroom.

taehyung yelped at the jolting action, stumbling sideways into the room and jumping again when the door slammed shut. "seojoon what the hell." he said, seeing the guy still holding on his arm and looking at him with a scowl on his face.

"that's what i should be saying to you." seojoon said. he was still holding tightly onto the younger boys upper arm, making him squirm and try to get out of that grip. "why are you fucking with jeon."

"it's none of your business what i do." taehyung said it, but his voice was still small. it was difficult to try and talk to someone that once had some control over you, especially when they had a grip on you that wasn't loosening and a stare that said he wanted to do more. "yes it is." seojoon said, his hand tightening around the boys arm.

"seojoon stop." taehyung winced a little at the pinch of pain around his arm. "you dumped me, you can't tell me what to do."

"i said we're taking a break. that doesn't mean jump the bones of the next guy with a pulse you see." seojoons words hurt, because that's not what taking a break means, not the way he said it. they were done, and that hurt enough. taehyung didn't need this right now, not when he was kind of starting to consider being interested in someone else after being with seojoon for so long. all he wanted right now was him, he wanted jungkook.

"that's not how it works, we're over." taehyung said it again, trying to sound bold and confident with his words but the hold on his arm made him whimper instead.

seojoon looked angry, the set of his eyebrows and clench of his jaw spoke for him. "no we're not. stay away from him." it was a warning the boy didn't think he needed to listen to, or even worry about. taehyung yanked his arm away and did his best to not show the hurt on his face — both physically and emotionally. "you stay away from me." taehyung said while taking a few steps back. seojoon tried to follow but the bell rang and scared the both of them.

people would start coming into the classroom now most likely, and taehyung wanted to be anywhere else. "i have to go." he said, leaving the room as fast as he could and not even caring that he had math right now.

all he could think about was getting out of there. the pain on his arm made him feel like seojoon was still holding onto him, a grip he couldnt shake and it had taehyung breaking harder as he left the school gates and nearly ran out of the parking lot. someone would text him asking why he wasn't in class and his brother would probably ask if he needed a ride since he didn't tell him anything yet and he'd probably get in lots of trouble for skipping — but taehyung still ran, and he did until he was outside the fitness center and trying his best to catch his breath.

it wasn't as busy during the middle of the day, but taehyung still felt like his head was spinning and everything was too loud as he walked in and past the front desk. 

jungkook noticed him instantly, and the smile on his face faded when he saw that something was clearly wrong. "tae," he said, excusing himself from the guy he was talking to. "why aren't you at school? what's wrong?" he didn't wait to pull the boy into a hug, a gentle one that taehyung didn't even return until a few seconds after. "seojoon, he-" the younger wasn't even able to explain because he felt his throat choke up, and he closed his mouth.

taehyung doesn't know why he was getting so worked up all of a sudden, he had been relatively fine on his way here but he didn't feel like he needed to cry. it's not like he was sad right now, but he couldn't stop the pinch behind his eyes.

"come on." jungkook didn't wait for a response, taking the boys hand and gently tugging him towards the stairs and all the way up. it was his first time coming up to the second floor, technically anyone's first time since jungkook considered it his private room for no one else but him. "sit." he pointed at the weight bench and walked away.

taehyung did as he was told and sat on the bench, dropping his books carelessly onto the floor in a pile along with his backpack. he held onto the seat and held tight, knuckles white from the grip. it helped him focus on something other than the panic rising in his throat.

the older male came back with a bottle of water and sat beside him, handing it over with the cap already unscrewed. "drink this, take deep breathes." jungkook said, rubbing his back as well to help him relax before he asked what was wrong again.

"thanks." taehyung said, but it was quiet and almost sad sounding in comparison to his usual bright and cheery tone. jungkook just nodded and let the boy lean his head on his shoulder while he sipped the water and just enjoyed that he was here with the tattooed boy and not him.

jungkook was doing his best not to let his anger get to him. the fact that he knew seojoon had something to do with this already pissed him off since he didn't like the high schooler anyways. "you want to tell me what happened?" he finally asked once feeling the way taehyungs breathing was slower and not as panicked. he was about to speak, but jungkook moved his hand around the boy to pull him closer, but he touched the area on taehyungs arm that hurt, resulting in a wince.

that didn't go unnoticed either, and jungkook got up to kneel in front of the younger and look at his arm. "it's nothing." taehyung said quickly. he wasn't dumb, and he knew that look in jungkooks eye and the way his jaw was set.

"he grabbed you." jungkook saw how the boys arm was still red, not quite bruised but still marked enough to show the effort put into making a point. he could make a point too.

he stood up then and started to walk to the door, the anger pushing him on and whispering in his ear all the things he could do to make this even — but then taehyung grabbed his hand, and he tugged on it and he looked up with those eyes that begged him, "jungkook no, please don't go. it's not worth it."

the battle in his mind could be seen in his eyes, behind that storm of anger there was a war underneath the red clouds of soldiers fighting under different choices, each thinking they were in the right while the other would only do more harm. the war wasn't won, but the battle finished for now as jungkook sat back down next to taehyung and hugged him again.

he didn't say anything, he didn't make any promises that he wouldn't do anything, because jungkook knew if he was given the opportunity, he wouldn't be the one to lose this war so easily.

⠀⠀

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
a lot has happened and a lot to be revealed
any ideas? comment and let me see where all your minds lay