twenty three.

⠀⠀˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳ 𝐭𝐡𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐝𝐚𝐲 — 𝟔:𝟓𝟖 𝐩𝐦⠀

˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳
𝐭𝐡𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐝𝐚𝐲 — 𝟔:𝟓𝟖 𝐩𝐦

by the time the sun had set the house smelled like cooked seasoned meat and spicy noodles with various vegetables and sauces. the dishes were on the kitchen counter, mrs. kim had already called the boys down to help set the table for dinner.

"thank you for having me." jungkook said again once the two boys came down the stairs and entered the kitchen later that night. namjoon was already there, and he was curious as the why the owner of his gym was here but he didn't question it right now. mrs kim waved the boys words off, "you're welcomed whenever you know that, no need to keep thanking." she said while adding the last strips of meat to the serving dish.

jungkook just nodded and picked up the sautéd vegetables to bring to the table. taehyung smiled seeing them talk and seeming somewhat comfortable already, no awkward small talk and over-politeness.

"i'm starving." taehyung said once the older came over and set the dish down on the table. jungkook chuckled quietly and unintentionally brought his arm up to the small of his back to rub gently through the fabric of the boys shirt. "you worked up an appetite." the tattooed boy said quietly, squeezing taehyungs waist lightly. he just felt his face warm and squirmed away from his hold. "stop that." taehyung whispered back, but he could help the blush on his cheeks as he walked back to the kitchen to grab more sauce dishes.

soon everything was prepared and the table set, those present that night took their seats around the table. "your father is busy in a conference tonight." mrs. kim said once they were all seated and serving themselves. she placed some meat on her plate and passed it down to her left, the eldest son taking some for himself as well before passing that on.

it wasn't uncommon for mr kim to miss some meals, especially with business calls dealing with other corporate members in other countries had the timezones keeping some people up late and other up too early. it kept a roof over their heads and food on the table, so no one complained.

taehyung waited expectantly for the meat dish, his stomach grumbling and eyes watching eagerly as the older male beside him served himself before passing it on. "fuck yeah." taehyung said, taking the plate and piling a bunch on his own.

"watch it." mrs. kim said to her son and his choice of words. the boy just smiled sheepishly and set the dish down.

once they all had what they wanted they started to eat, nothing but the sound of utensils hitting plates was heard for the time being. then mrs. kim broke the silence, that small talk making an appearance. "so jungkook," she said, and the boy looked up when hearing his name. "namjoon was telling me about the season starting. he's thinking about signing up for the competition this year."