thirty two.

⠀⠀˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳ 𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐝𝐚𝐲 — 𝟓:𝟓𝟖 𝐩𝐦⠀

˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳
𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐝𝐚𝐲 — 𝟓:𝟓𝟖 𝐩𝐦

jungkook took the earpiece and shoved it in, making sure he could hear the feedback before giving the staff member a thumbs up and taking a few steps away. he had to look nicer tonight, since he was representing the whole event he couldn't show up in basketball shorts and a t-shirt with holes in it. there was only one time he tried that and his father was quick to give him a tip.

you can't choose your fate but you can choose your dress. he'd say while the boy was getting ready for tonight. jungkook almost smiled at the thought.

tonight was about fate — who'd win, who'd move on, who'd lose it all and come back with a vengeance and who'd just give up. no one knew when the night started, and some still didn't know when it ended. jungkooks father always enjoyed the uncertainty of life, and he'd always be dressed well for whatever came him way.

tonight was about uncertainty — except for jungkook, he may have been the only one to know exactly how his role would play out. it didn't matter who advanced on or even who won in the end. his actions were determine and his hands tied until the end. he could only hope this year would be the end of it all.

"ten seconds." the voice in his ear scared him, and jungkook stopped thinking too much so he could focus on right now.

jungkook looked down at the card in his hand and read the names over and over to remember them. he didn't know the two guys well, only enough to place their faces and know who was who but that was it. the match could go either way. the countdown went in his ear, and he pulled apart the ropes around the ring to step in and the people in the crow got louder as he appeared, now knowing it was soon to start.

some of those voices came from a group of teens in the bleachers, three of them grinning as the tattooed male stepped out. "he really is hot, nice tae." hoseok held his fist out to bump it against the youngers. taehyung happily did.

he looked back towards the boxing ring at his man standing there, long legs and toned torso evident through the somewhat tight fitting button down and skinny jeans he had on. the microphone must have been clipped to the collar of his shirt, because when jungkook spoke it was heard loud and clear throughout the entire warehouse.

"welcome to the annual jeon-kali summer competition." jungkook spoke. he seemed different up there, not as angry and closed off looking when he talked and looked around at all the people surrounding the ring and listening to each of his words. "thank you for attending the event and i'm sure every competitor appreciates the crowd. they've trained long and hard and good fights should be expected tonight." he continued, turning ever so often to address as many people as he could. taehyung paid no attention to them, he only watched the dark male standing there looking so attractive with all the lights shining down on him so perfectly.