thirty nine.

⠀⠀˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳ 𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐚𝐲 — 𝟑:𝟏𝟕 𝐩𝐦⠀

˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳
𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐚𝐲 — 𝟑:𝟏𝟕 𝐩𝐦

the three of them were upstairs now, in the private workout area that jungkook had for himself. he already asked the two friends what the hell was going on, but he only got labored breathing and collapsed bodies on his floor. he got them water and sat on the weight bench, watching the younger ones chug the cold bottles quickly.

"jungkook you're not gonna believe-" jimin started to say but his friend just threw his water bottle at him. "shut up." taehyung said. he knew the boy would make it sound worse than it was, and knowing jungkooks temper both of those mixed together was not good.

jimin ignored his as usual, and he was still looking up at the male sitting on the bench and waiting patiently. "seojoon came up to us-"

"it was nothing." taehyung cut in again. jungkook just looked at him and his eyes narrowed a bit, the little muscle in his jaw twitched. it was the only hint that his aggravation was growing, and he turned back to jimin to hear more. "what did he say." jungkook asked.

"nothing."

"so much."

the two friends spoke at the same time, and jungkook just glared subtlety at taehyung for clearly not wanting him to know something. the younger just held onto his water bottle that he got back from throwing, a small pout on his face knowing this conversation would turn. "talk to me jimin." jungkook said, standing up.

jimin stood as well and nodded, "okay," he paused to collect his thoughts, "well with the usual level of creepy he said he missed taehyung since he wasn't there last night."

taehyung leaned his head back against the wall and watched the older male, the way he stared so intently at jimin when he spoke, as if he'd miss a single word that passed plump lips. his arms were crossed, and he seemed to be calm and collected, but underneath jungkook could feel the red filling his system and threatened to burst through veins and flesh to spill over anything close to him. 

"he threatened namjoon," jimin said, frowning a little at that part. he could feel his friends eyes on him now, staring holes into the side of his head waiting for what would be said next. "and he told taehyung he'd go easy if he gave him something in return."

now jungkook was looking down at the boy still sitting on the ground. he didn't know what that offer would be, seojoon had made hints enough time for the older to understand. he could only assume the worst now, thinking that taehyung would only want to keep jimin from talking because he agreed to this deal. maybe that was the worst part of this all, and jungkook couldn't stop the way his chest tightened and stomach fell.

jimin must have noticed how the usual stone cold male seemed off, that look in his eyes not the usual as he listened. "but taehyung said no," jimin said, "i called him sick and we left to come here."

jungkook just hummed and walked around the bench and stacks of weights to go grab a water bottle of his own from the mini fridge. he didn't speak, and the two boys seemed to just sit and wait for him to say anything while he opened the water and took a long sip.

"do you think you could help namjoon?" jimin asked, "you train these guys, you have to know some weaknesses or strategies that he could use against seojoon."

jungkook just shook his head, "that's against the rules. i can train but not help others use specific skills like that against someone else." he explained.

"oh but threatening each other isn't against the rules?" taehyung finally spoke up from his spot on the ground, and he almost wanted to look away when the older met his gaze. it was cold and calculating, like he wanted to read what was on taehyungs mind and why he was in some sort of mood. taehyung normally would dislike this kind of look, the one that wasn't warm and welcoming, but he just scoffed a little and looked back down at the water in his hands.

jungkook didn't look away when the younger did, not even when he spoke up. "jimin, go get namjoon and come up here." he said. the boy didn't need to be told twice, leaving the room to jump down the spiral stairs and find that tall male putting in a few more hours of work before tonight's final.

that left the two alone for a moment. jungkook still staring and taehyung doing everything in his power not to return that look. "why don't you tell me these things?" he finally asked.

taehyung just lamely shrugged, "it's not important." he said. to him it really wasn't, what was suppose to be done? jungkook couldn't be there all the time to threaten the guy with knuckles to the face. some things would have to be ignored and they'd all just need to move on.

"yes it fucking is." clearly jungkook didn't agree, and he bit down hard on the inside of his bottom lip, tasting the coppery blood on his tongue. "if you don't talk to me, we can't figure these things out."

"talk to you?" taehyung shot back, a glare paired with those words now that he finally looked up at the male. "you don't talk to me about anything. you get mad and ignore me and then pretend like everything's fine."

jungkook ran a hand through his dark hair and tugged at the roots in frustration. he looked out the window and saw the two others making their way back and up to meet them. "we don't have time to talk about this right now." he said, trying to not get too worked up over this tiny argument that apparently was more than it seemed to be.

"there's never going to be time when it comes to you." taehyung mumbled, but the older heard it and he ignored that feeling in his chest that followed.

when people said things out of frustration that hurt, it was easy to look towards anger as an emotion to feel when you're hurt. jungkook knew this best, but right now he was angry — and it was strange and he hated it, but he knew he wasn't angry at taehyung. he was just hurt. and he had no idea how to fix that feeling.

there really was no time. not when the matches tonight were only two hours away, and namjoon walked in looking confused as ever. jungkook just cleared his throat, shoving every other thought and feeling far down in that carved out abyss made from years of practice. they'd sit there for now, and for as long as they needed to be until tonight was over and the next problem would introduce itself.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬