forty one.

⠀⠀˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳ 𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐚𝐲 — 𝟓:𝟓𝟔 𝐩𝐦⠀

˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳
𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐚𝐲 — 𝟓:𝟓𝟔 𝐩𝐦

it was like a robot. the way the man walked up and spoke the recited words in such a practiced tone using both professionalism as well as that personality he feigned. jungkook had a personality, that's for sure, but it's the kind smile and optimism that he was portraying that would be categorized as feigned by anyone who really knew him.

taehyung was one of those people, and he was doing that right as he watched him talk. the announcements were longer tonight, each competitor getting a more personalized introduction based on their training and success so far. jungkook was doing his best to not sound biased, and he was doing a lot better than taehyung would have. the younger couldn't help the way his nose scrunched when a certain males name was mentioned.

"you remember everything right?" jimin was pestering his friends brother instead of listening to the introductions, holding a water bottle between his hands until the man needed it. "go right, don't hesitate, push him left since he's weak there-"

namjoon chuckled and cut the boy off by placing both hands on his upper arms. jimin immediately froze and felt his face warm from his cheeks all the way up to his ears and down to his toes if that was possible. "calm down," the older grinned that famous smile, bright and shining despite the circumstances. everyone seemed to be more nervous than the male actually going up to fight in a few minutes. namjoon hugged the shorter boy, feeling how tense he was. "i got in under control, i'll remember my part and you just remember to hold that sign up high, okay?" he pulled away and saw how jimin was blushing and now clutching onto the glittery sign he made.

"for sure." jimin grinned, holding the sign and watching as namjoon pulled further away to take his place up in the ring.

those hands were replaced by his best friend nudging his arm, "let's go sit." taehyung said, smiling small. their hands intertwined and they made their way to the bleachers, tonight was way more packed and another set of seats was brought in earlier that day. they were now arranged in a pentagon form around the ring, people even standing around the bottom to watch tonight's finale.

it was weird how a place could be so loud, so many voices and feet stomping that drowned out your own thoughts due to the intensity, yet taehyung sat and looked at the two males in the ring and he heard nothing. it was a drowned out blur of nothing.

and then a hand was on his thigh, one that was attached to an arm with black ink swirling around in pictures and doodles, attached to a strong shoulder supporting such a handsome head smiling over at the younger. "he's prepared." jungkook said quietly, his thumb going back and forth over the boys thigh.

taehyung just nodded, and he looked back at the two guys already on their toes and just waiting for that sound to set it all off. jimin was biting his thumb nail, such a nervous habit he had. he was too busy staring at his crush and thinking of all the worst things. he certainly wasn't expecting a tattooed hand to reach up and pull his own from his mouth. jungkook smiled a bit at him, "hold up your sign, that will keep your hands busy." he told jimin.