twenty five.

⠀⠀˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳ 𝐬𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐚𝐲 — 𝟏𝟎:𝟎𝟎 𝐚𝐦⠀

˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳
𝐬𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐚𝐲 — 𝟏𝟎:𝟎𝟎 𝐚𝐦

the boy was still feeling bad for ditching his best friend when they made plans, especially since he missed out on jimins moms lemonade. that's why taehyung was there in the kitchen that sunday morning, and ice cold glass in his palms and an egg white omelet in front of him.

"jimin says you have a boy in your heart." ms. park said. she was wearing a cute little apron and cutting vegetables for a stew that would be made for dinner. it always tastes best when it sat all day and simmered so all the flavors could mix together. taehyungs loved his moms cooking but sometimes people just made certain things ten times better.

he looked over at his best friend who had a mouthful of egg, smiling innocently and too far out of reach to be smacked or kicked. "not really, ms. park." taehyung said, still glaring at his friend before smiling politely at his mother. "he's just a boy."

"a 23 year old boy." jimin corrected, and that resulted in his mom pausing on cutting the carrot midway. taehyung really wished his friend was sitting closer so he could make him shut up. "he's one hot man." the shorter male said, but with one look from his mother he realized that may have been one comment too many so he focused on finishing his plate.

"what does your mother think of the two of you." ms. park asked, resuming the preparation of dinner and waiting for a response. taehyung just moved around the eggs a bit and shrugged, "i'm not sure. i haven't brought it up since it's nothing serious."

"but will you if this continues?" she asked.

jimin shoved the rest of his eggs in his mouth and stood up, "we really gotta get going." he said, smiling big and doing his best not to choke. "thanks for breakfast and i'll text you!" he said, leaving the plate in the sink and pulling his friend away from the interrogation.

they made it outside and to the sidewalk, falling into step beside each other as they made their way to the mall. taehyung needed a new outfit, especially since tonight was his first date with jungkook after their little fast food field moment. the older said he wanted to take him out for a proper meal — and that's why the two friends were now looking for a new outfit for tonight.

"i was thinking silk." jimin said. he bounced with each step and skipped over every crack, silly child rhymes learned as a kid but they still stayed in the back of his mind. he looked beside him once there was no response, and he saw how taehyung just narrowed his eyes. "come on i didn't know she'd question you." jimin tried to defend himself for bringing up the tattooed male to his mom.

taehyung just glared at him again, but it wasn't truly coming from a place of anger. "you're buying my outfit." he said, and the shorter opened his mouth to protest, "you're buying it!" taehyung said again, walking faster and leaving jimin to just stomp and follow.

they ended up finding something after a few hours in the mall, going through multiple stores and even doubling back to others since taehyung didn't know how to make up his mind. he wanted to look his best, and he usual tried to dress nice on everyday occasions so topping that had the two boys thinking outside the box. by the time they made it to his house, they had just enough time to get him ready before jungkook was suppose to pick him up.

taehyung set the shopping bags on his bed and dug around for the clothing fabrics they picked out. jimin had made himself comfortable on the floor and was going through the makeup they got as well. the younger had just pulled out the shirt, a silky black button shirt with sunflowers covering it. it was a style only he could pull off, the color of the flowers matching his tanned skin tone, and the rusty brown colored belt he got with it. before he could go to change his big brother came in, leaning against the doorframe. "you're going out with jeon tonight?" he said.

taehyung looked from holding the shirt up to his chest, "yeah, in an hour or so." he was never really good at hiding things from his brother.

namjoon just nodded and ran his index finger around the rim of the glass he was drinking from. he didn't say anything more, so taehyung left to change in the bathroom connected to his bedroom.

the boy sitting on the floor just looked up at the guys he's been crushing on since middle school, and he saw how he just looked worried for his little brother. "want to help me pick a good shade for him?" jimin asked, holding up the few tubes of lip gloss. namjoon seemed to hesitate, but he walked over and sat down with the boy and they looked through the makeup to pick things out that would compliment his already stunning features.

taehyung walked out in his date outfit, the silk shirt tucked in nicely to the dress pants and a suit jacket over that. it would have looked too over the top, but the sunflower pattern made the outside look less fancy. either way taehyung was the person to pull it off. "what do you guys think?" he asked the two males sitting on his carpet, and the boy spun in a circle to get a complete review of the fashion choice.

"y'all are gonna fuck tonight." jimin grinned, seeing how good his friend looked. namjoon just made a face at that, "gross that's my gym trainer and my brother, i don't need to picture that thank you very much."

jimin just giggled and waved for him friend to join them on the ground. "come on we gotta paint your face." he said.

"not too much." taehyung said, sitting down and bringing his legs up to sit criss cross like the other two. jimin grabbed the brushes and the eyeshadow, leaning forward and asking him to close his eyes. it was a simply smokey look, just enough to make the shape of his eyes stand out a little more and the brown to look more prominent against the black. his eyelashes were soft and long enough, only needing to be curled.

namjoon held up a lipgloss, "do this one." he said. his little brother took it, seeing the clear gloss with some sparkles in it. "you don't need anything else." the older said after choosing that one over the shades of pinks and red. the clear one seemed the best, just to make his already nice lips a little shiny.

taehyung smiled and took it from his brother with a thanks, putting a thin coat on and getting approval from his best friend. "you look really pretty tae." jimin said, the three of them standing up. "are you nervous?" he asked, their footsteps breaking over the floorboards but soon softened by the carpet on the stairs.

"of course." taehyung said. it didn't matter how many times he hung out with the guy, every time was just like the first. he didn't think he'd ever move on from the butterflies and giddiness that took over his chest like vines and blossomed pretty feelings like pink petals along his limbs and bones.

that feeling was only solidified by a knock on the door, and he very much knew who that was. those knuckles hitting the wood after much thought, inked and normally bruised, but recently there was no need for that. things have been better, jungkook would be an idiot not to realize that — and he knew tonight would just continue to be better, because in the eyes of the ones in love, it was hard to see anything else.

⠀⠀

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬