22 | Ricky: how to love again

I know that some of you are silently killing me, so here's an update after 2 years.😂

This song is playing when I was writing. The song that I uploaded above is in my playlist, and there's a moment where I was thinking that I accidentally focus my attention on the lyrics of the song.

I just thought that it fits this chapter, feel free to listen to it.

(y/n) -- your name

(r/n) -- random name

Ricky Accardo

A month.

It has been a month since Ricky broke your heart, all because of his jealousy. During that period of time, you have silently forgiven Ricky for what he did because on the day when he apologises for his mistake, you saw sadness and regret in his eyes. Still, it is not that easy for you to just tell him that it's okay and you're fine. You need more from him, you wanted to fully trust him once again.

It hurts to not be able to trust him.

Meanwhile, Ricky is having a hard time thinking what he needs to do to earn your trust. He tried everything. He leaves sticky notes scribbled with cute compliments on your desk, he bought you your favourite food. He's even willing to wake up early to make a bento for you. That's how much he had done just to win you back.

Despite all of that, you still find it hard to put your trust in him again and that hurts him deeply.

If only he didn't let his jealousy control his actions, if only he calmly ask for explanation. None of these would have happened.

Ricky sighed in exasperation for the nth time as he let his head fall on his desk with a loud thud. His friend that has been accompanying him hissed before staring at his friend in concern and sympathy.

His friend sighed and lazily ran a hand through his hair before looking at Ricky with a stern expression, "You can't keep up like this, dude. It's mentally draining you.", he said, concern lacing his voice.

Ricky lift up his head a little to look at his friend, a small frown on his face as he thought about (y/n).  He really missed her.

"I don't know what to do anymore, but at the same time, I also don't want to give up until she's talking to me again. Like we used to do. . .", he whispered the last part with such sadness that it's heartbreaking to even look at him.

"You know what, I think I got an idea.", his friend said with a smirk as Ricky frowned at him, wondering what his idea may be.

"All you have to do is gather all pictures and videos you have of her, or both of you.", he said as his smirk slowly turned into a grin.

"Damn, this is going to work.", he stated as he thought about his plan.

"Are you sure?"

"Well, let's hope it does because your ex---I, I mean girlfriend. Yes, your girlfriend is quite complicated.", he corrected himself with a sheepish chuckle after Ricky gave him a glare.

The last class for the day has ended, and (y/n) is gathering her things. Her classmates bid their goodbye's as they passed her until she was the only one left in her class.

She sighed, and with her sling bag she walked out of the classroom.

It has been three days, and Ricky had stopped approaching her. She wanted to think that she finally had her peace but deep inside she feels lonely without him, as if a part of her was missing.