24 | Orie: make it right

Here's to my soft bean.

(y/n) -- your name

Orie Mitnik 

You still couldn't believe that you almost hear that word from Orie, and you thought that he must be really upset about something at that time. Still, he shouldn't go and call you names for reasons that are unknown to you.

On the way back from the playground, you have your hand in Orie's as you both walk in silence. Fortunately, it isn't an uncomfortable one, but at the same time you couldn't say that it's calming either. After what happened between you two, calm is far from the word that describes your situation.

You don't really know what to say to break the silence, you couldn't think of anything. On the other hand, Orie is finding ways to show his apology. In his mind, he is quite grateful that you slap him before he could even say that word to you.

He wanted to make it up to you as soon as possible, but looking at your tired puffy-red eyes, he decided to talk again tomorrow. He mentally sighed in frustration, a frown etched on his face as he looks ahead.

The next morning, you find Orie standing in front of your house. He seems to be deep in thought, and you notice the dark circles under his eyes. His hair looks a little dishevel, like he's been running his hand through his hair countless of times.

This image of Orie makes your eyes soften and the feel of your heart slightly clenched.

Orie is a bright person, always smiling. So, seeing him that tired and sad is painful. What is the problem that leads to the fight both of you have yesterday. There must be some misunderstandings, but where did that come from?

Not wanting your relationship to be like this anymore, you are determined to make it right. You knew for a while now, that Orie is precious to you and you're not just going to let it end so easily just because of some unnecessary quarrel you both had.

Making your way towards Orie who is still lost in his thoughts, you gently placed your hand on his arm.

Feeling your hand on his arm, he immediately snaps out of his thoughts and looks at you with his tired eyes. He gives you a smile, but this time his smile doesn't reach his eyes.

"Hi.", you softly greeted, your hand cautiously made its way to his hand, then intertwining your hands together.

He gives your hand a light squeeze, and replied with his own greeting.

"Hey."

The both of you then begin your walk to school, hands intertwining but hearts are still hurting.

After a few minutes of your walk, Orie decided to break the silence and just talk. A talk that both of you needed.

"Yesterday,", he paused for a while to take a breath before slowly exhaling to soothe the slight ache in his chest.

"Yesterday, during the five minutes break in practice, you would usually be there waiting for me. But at that time, you're not there.", you had turn your head to look at him, and you saw him with frowning with guilt in his eyes. But there are other emotions reflected in those eyes, it was jealousy and sadness.

"So, I was wondering where you are. When I tried to find you,", the sight of you with someone else hurts him, but he knows he needs to be calm right now. He can't get all worked up and repeat the same mistakes all over again.

"I saw you with another guy. . .", he trailed off, his voice a whisper but you heard him.

For a moment, you are confused about what he's talking about. But after recalling what happened yesterday before the fight, you remembered that you were with a guy. However, the reason for that is completely different from what Orie thought. It was all just a misunderstanding on Orie's part.

You halted your steps and slightly tightens your grip on Orie's hand, causing him to stumble a little at the sudden stop.

He turns to look at you, and you softly smile at him as you take steps towards him. When you're standing in front of him, you brought both of your hands up to cup both of his cheeks.

You gaze into his eyes and said, "Silly, that guy is only my friend and he happens to know that I always watch your basketball practice after classes."

Orie stared at you in confusion, patiently waiting for you to explain your part.

"He has a crush on Jordan, and he only wants my help.", you finished, your thumb gently rubs the dark circle under his left eye. You sighed as you only look at him with a gentle gaze.

When he had processed everything, he mentally cursed himself for his stupidity. He let out a frustrated sighed as he looks at you. Your eyes are genuine, and it made him feel even worse.

"I'm really sorry.", he said, gently removing your hands from his face and pulling you into a hug.

"I promise, I won't do it again. I'm sorry."

You softly hushed him and tighten your arms around him in return.

"It's okay. It's the past now, we will both do better in the future.", you calmed him, and he nods in agreement.

[A/N]: This will be the last part for this story. Ah, it has finally come to that time.(︶^︶)