23 | Isaac: hear me out

Calling out to Isaac fans out there!
Here you go, enjoy!

(y/n) -- your name

Isaac Mines

"Uh, hi guys?"

Without wasting any time, Isaac strides towards you and pulled you into a tight hug. You froze, eyes wide as Isaac caught you off guard.

No words exchange, as Isaac just hugs even tighter than before. He's really relieved that nothing happens to you. He could never forgive himself if you ever get hurt, all because of him being sulky about some message you got from someone. Although he does have the right to be upset since the message seems suspicious to him.

It also didn't help that he has a fear of abandonment.

He didn't want to go through the same things that happened when he was a child. He can't bear the feeling of loneliness and guilt again.

When you felt your uniform slowly damping, your eyes softens. "Hey, it's okay. I'm sorry.", you gently told him while caressing his back in a soothing manner, hoping it would calm him.

"Stupid. What are you apologizing for?", his tone a little bit deep due to him trying to hold back his cries. "It should have been me that apologizes."

"I'm sorry for leaving you just like that.", he said, burying his face in the crook of your neck, finding comfort in your scent.

Feeling awkward and embarrassed at what he just witness in front of his eyes, he decided to clear his throat and remind them of his presence. Jae is not comfortable being there and interrupting the couple with their moment, but he can't just leave since he's there to meet someone that he hasn't seen for so long.

Surprised at the sudden interruption, both you and Isaac pulled away. You turned your head and a confuse expression took over your face for a while before finally lighting up in realization.

"Jae. Is that really you?", you said in surprise as you look at the male that is slightly taller than you.

Jae rubbed the back of his neck out of nervousness, he chuckles and gave a timid wave. "Jae here.", he said with a sheepish smile.

But before he could catch up what is happening, he was suddenly tackled into a hug. He sighed in relief when he's able to regain his balance. Although he grew slightly taller than you, your energy and enthusiasm is still better than his. No wonder his older brother and you get along very well.

"Gosh (y/n), no wonder you and Tae are inseparable.", he grunts but hugs you nonetheless.

"Well, I actually got this from him. Oh my, I miss you so much!", you said energetically and squeeze him even tighter, forgetting that there is someone else there that needed more of your hugs and comfort.

"Well, rather than hugging me to death, you should go comfort your boyfriend.", Jae said as he felt nervous once again when he receives an intense glare from Isaac just a feet away. He definitely doesn't want to deal with a jealous boyfriend. Also, he's in disadvantage since he's just started to develop some muscles.

'I really can't win!', he thought as he mentally cries in disappointment.

You pulled away from him and just stare at him for a few more seconds, completely ignoring what he said. "I can't believe you're taller than me!"

A sudden jerk from behind startles you causing you to let out a yelp in surprise.

"When are you going to notice I'm here too?", Isaac whined quietly, and you find it to be cute since this is the first time you hear him whine for your attention.

"Also, who is this guy?", Isaac asked, staring at Jae in suspicion. That's when he realize that Jae is not wearing their school's uniform. He's from a private all-boys school.

Even though the boy did help him find you, it doesn't mean he will get all friendly with him.

After explaining everything to Isaac, especially about you receiving messages from your cousin, Tae. He finally understands. Of course you will be excited about the arrival of your cousin that is basically like an older brother to you.

He is guilty that he was so quick to make his own conclusions without even knowing what is actually going on. He made it really clear that he's feeling bad about it. That if he were a cat, you could just imagine his ears drooping due to the guilt he's feeling.

"Hey, it's okay. Besides, I get to try my kick-ass move.", you said proudly, then reassuring him with a smile.

He frowns at your statement, "What if it fails, and hurts you instead?"

"Well, it didn't fail now did it? You would never know if you never try."

"That's a really bad timing to do an experiment."

"Can't you just be proud I did it without hurting myself?", you said with a pout, a little upset that he's doubting your ability. He sighed and gently pats your head.

"I am just worried, okay?", he said and you nod in understanding.

After a few moments of comfortable silence, you finally turn towards Jae whose been silent the whole time. What caught your attention was the ice cream cup that he was having. He looks really content in his own world while eating ice cream.

"Where did you get that?", startled at the voice beside him, he stops eating. He looks at you whose eyeing the ice cream in his hand. Unconsciously, he brought the ice cream cup closer towards him and shield it, away from your gaze.

"I kind of took a walk, and my legs lead me directly towards the canteen.", he said, and you raised an eyebrow at him. "But, I did bought for both of you, because I know you're not going to leave me alone (y/n).", he finished his sentence, and gives you the stink eye.

"You know me so well."

"Glad I do.", Jae said, handing the ice cream cups to you and Isaac.