Slump

When you wake up the next morning Ali is doing here hair and make up.
"Ali, it's like 7 in the morning. What are you doing?" You grumble as you wipe your eyes.
"I wanna be read for that zoom call today!" She says.
"That's in like 7-8 hours girl!" You say throwing the blanket off of you.
"Yours, yes. I bought one with Tristan and a couple hours before yours."
"Oh, why didn't you tell me you bought one?" You laugh.
"I thought I did!" She says turning herself in the chair.
"Oh. Sorry." You laugh.
"So are you going to get ready?"
"No I'll probably just shower and call it good. I might put on a nice shirt but I'm not going all out for a zoom call."
"(Your name), he was messaging you last night! You should be way more excited about this." She says standing up and putting her hands to her hips.
"I just don't wanna get my hope up for nothing. You know?"
"I'm sure he doesn't just message anybody." She rolls her eyes.
"We don't know that. And I'm nothing compared to the other girls in his live."
"Shut up before I smack you." She says laughing.

Ali sits back down at the mirror and continues her makeup, you grab your towels and head to the shower. You put on your favorite playlist labeled "good vibes" and turn the water on.

When you get out of the shower you finish your morning routine and go sit on your bed.
"What's wrong?" Ali asks you looking up from her phone.
"I'm just nervous." You tell her.
"We'll stop. It'll be alright! I promise!" She says smiling at you.

You're on the zoom call with Tristan and Ali and she is blushing so much. Tristan is being such a sweetheart. You guys talk with him and ask him questions about himself. You pretty much just sit back and let Ali take the lead. It is her zoom call. She laughs pretty much the whole time. She reminds you of a little schoolgirl with a crush. But you know deep down that's how you're going to be with Chris.

The zoom call ends and you guys decide to make some lunch.

"Whatcha in the mood for today?" Ali asks you.
"I don't know, I'm really not hungry." You say shrugging your shoulders.
"Baby girl, you have to eat. Get out of this slump you're in. I know it's difficult but I need you. You've been so down on yourself. Is everything okay?" Ali asks and you can tell she's genuinely concerned.
"I've just- I don't know, I'm just not feeling myself lately. Ever since Brandon-" Ali cuts you off.
"Hunny! He was a piece of shit! He cheated on you so much and you did nothing but forgive him and take him back every time! That's on him, not you! He lost somebody who literally killed themselves inside for him. He did nothing but bring you down. I know you loved him. It showed, but you can help somebody who doesn't want to be helped. He lost you. Get your grind and shine back." She says to you.

You know she's right, he wasn't the best person for you, you lost yourself trying to please him and keep him. He drained every ounce of happiness from your soul.

"You're right. You are completely right. I'm done letting him control me! I need to be happy again. I WILL be happy again." You say smiling.

"That's my girl!" Ali says pumping her fist in the air.

"Alright, but I'm still not that hungry."
Ali give you a mischievous look, "mac and cheese?"
"UGH! Why must you do that to me?!" You complain.
"Ha! I knew I could get you to eat something." She says laughing and jumping off the barstool.
She grabs a box from the cupboard and starts the water.