The Interview

As you sit in the chair waiting for the interviewer to show up Ali is touching up your makeup from the photoshoot.

"You'll do great! Just be yourself." Ali whispers to you as the interviewer takes their seat.

"Hi (your name), I'm Samuel, with "Beautifully Me" magazine. It's a pleasure to meet you." The man says adjusting himself in the chair.

"It's good to meet you too." You say before taking a deep breath and relaxing in your chair.

"So let's get this started shall we? Tell me a little bit about yourself." Samuel says."

You go on to tell him about yourself, the basics mostly. Being very vague about details in your life.

"Lovely, you sound like a lovely girl, so tell me about your childhood." He says.

"Oh umm-" you start to stumble over your words.

"Okay, just one word?" He asks.

"Trying." You say, "I had a very rough childhood, and even into being a teenager and young adult my life was very rough." You say.

"Okay, I'm sorry to hear that." He says.

"So, your friend Ali, tell me about her." Samuel asks.

"Ali is- Ali is more than my friend, she's like the sister I never had, she was a mentor to me when I needed guidance, she was a mom to be when needed, she kept me on a straight path growing up, and even now really. I can honestly say I wouldn't be where I am today if I didn't have her in my life." You says smiling.

"That's amazing, not many people have a friend like that in their life. Hold onto that." He says.

"I plan on it." You say letting out a giggle.

"So, tell me, what brings you to LA?" Samuel asks.

"Well, Ali got a great job opportunity out here and where ever she goes I go." You laugh.

"Keeping that friendship bond. I love it." He says, "So I'm sure the readers would love to know, are their any love interests in your life? Anybody catch your eye since being here?" He asks.

The one question you were hoping to walk out of this interview without having to answer.

"Uhh- yes actually. I have been in a relationship with somebody for about a year and a half now. Since the first time I came to LA actually." You say.

"Oh, so you've been to LA before this, who's the lucky person?" Samuel asks.

"Well, we haven't really put it out in the public yet, but what a better time right?" You laugh. "His name is Chris, Chris Williams." You smile.

"Okay, I think I know who you're talking about. He's a TikTok influencer right? Part of the DreamLA house?" He asks.

"You would be correct." You laugh.

"That it amazing! In any interview he's done he's always kept his love life quiet, now we know why." Samuel smiles.

"Well, it'll be public from both ends now." You laugh.

"That is wonderful! Do you have anything else you'd like the readers to know?" He asks you.

"Other than to just be yourself, and to remind them they make their own happiness. But that's it." You smile.

"Great advice!" He says.

Samuel closes his notepad and folds his hands on his lap.

"Thank you so much for this interview (your name), the readers are going to love it! And I hope to be working with you again soon." He says before standing up.

"Thank you! You as well." You smile and watch him leave the room.

When you're alone you grab your phone and text Chris to let him know how the interview went. You also inform him that your relationship will now be public. And ask him to meet your for dinner.

He replies back with a simple, "Okay I love you."