This Is Us

The days turn into weeks, which turn to months. Chris and you finally have a good routine that works for both of you. You FaceTime every Monday when he's not going live, the texting everyday hasn't stopped, you even started commenting on some of his posts. People have speculated that you're the girl he refers to when he makes his sappy posts, or when he hints that he's talking to somebody but neither of you have confirmed nor denied the accusations.

You've made arrangements to go see him again next month and you feel as time has slowed down the closer you get to seeing him again, but soon enough you'll be in his arms for at least the weekend. The boys have been in contact with you as well asking when you're coming because Chris is acting up. And every time you tell them the same thing, you'll take care of it when you get there. Your relationship with Chris and the boys has done nothing but grow. Even though you're not there with them, they're still like your family. You've even got Ali talking to them once in a while and she gets giddy about it every time. Your group zoom calls are very intriguing. Especially when her and Tristan start to flirt and Dayne has to start in on it too.

Ali and you have also talked about moving out to California so you could be closer to Chris but nothing has officially been planned. Maybe once she finishes her degree in cosmetology you'll pack up and leave. But for now your life consists of seeing Chris on a screen and hearing his voice muffled by a speaker. And you're okay with that. Because if that's what it takes to be with Chris, then that's what you'll do.

The time has come for you to finally see Chris again. Ali drives you to the airport and you get anxious as your flight takes off. The flight seems like it took days not hours and when you get your bags from baggage claim you run to the door.

Standing in front of the familiar black SUV is the boy you've been waiting to see for months. His brown hair perfectly fluffed, his brown eyes more golden, and his dimples at full show. You run to him and wrap your arms around his neck as soon as you connect with his body. He falls into the side of the vehicle and laughs.

"I've missed you so much!" He exclaims as he runs his hand over your hair and taking in your scent.
"I've missed you too!" You say grabbing the back of his shirt more.
He pushes you away slightly just to see your face. He runs his fingers over your cheeks and kisses you gently.
"I love you." He says.
"I love you too." You say back getting on your tiptoes to give him another peck.

You load your bags into the car and greet the others when you slide into the seat. Chris slides in next to you and puts his hand on your thigh. You lay your head on his shoulder and finally feel relaxed again.

"While long distance may be hard when you're apart, it makes it so much better when you're together." You think to yourself as you look up at the boy you adore.
He flashes you a smile and kisses your forehead.

"Yeah, so much better when you're together." You think to yourself as you close your eyes and smile.