Long Distance

You close your laptop and shrink into your bed. Your call being cut short hurt but you know Zach wouldn't make Chris get off if it wasn't important. So while you wait for a text or for him to go live you decide to clean.

New message Chris😍

Chris😍:
Hey, sorry about that. We keep getting
banned so Zach wanted to talk about
precautions we need to take to stop it
from happening so often.

You:
Oh, it's fine. I get it. 😊

You weren't lying. You did get it, but why couldn't it wait until closer to live? Being in the public eye is something you'll probably never understand fully. Which is why you're so laid back about these things. You don't know what all it entails or takes to do what the boys do, or to do what Zach does to keep their names good and out of drama. But it gets to you when you're having a bad day and Chris can't talk much or when you haven't really been talking and you guys get interrupted like you did.

But long distance does have its perks, the times you do get to actually talk all day mean more, when you get to see him again it will mean more. Everything you guys share together means more when you can't do those things everyday.

But you're also learning long distance is not for the faint of heart. It takes work, and dedication. It puts you through a rollercoaster of emotions. Especially when you're having a really bad day and the only thing you want is to cuddle up next to the one you love and feel all the hurt and stress leave your body, when one simple kiss could turn your day around.

Somehow you and Chris are making it work. He tries his best to comfort you when he can on your bad days. And you try to calm him down when things are getting stressful for him and he starts getting worked up, but you both know it would be easier if you were together. But for now this is your life, and this is how your relationship works.

It's time for the boys to go live so you and Ali get yourselves set up and open TikTok. You watch the lives and laugh at the funny things that happen. Ali talks about Tristan and Dayne, and you stare at your phone as Chris does his look and dances and the girls go crazy in the comments. His signature up, down, eye contact, and half smile only letting his dimples show a little, look is more breathtaking in person. Or when he fully smiles and his dimples really show. That gets you every time.

You leave a few comments to let him know you're there, but you keep pretty quiet during his live-streams. In your eyes, his fans deserve his attention more when he's live than you do. Ali and you finish watching the lives and you text Chris after his ends like normal. You guys talk about the rest of his day and how the live was. He ends the conversation saying he wishes you were there and he loves you like he does every night. And you only dream that one day you won't have to get those words, instead you'll get to hear his soft sleepy voice say, "Come to bed baby girl, it's been a long day." And you could cuddle up next to him as he wraps you in his arms.

But for now this is what you get, and for now it's enough. But everyday you tell yourself, long distance sucks.