Zoom Date

You're all ready for your zoom date with Chris. You did a loose curl in your hair and pinned it out of your face, you put on some light makeup to help fix the redness around your cheeks, and a maroon body suit with a pair of jeans.

You get your phone all set up on your desk and go to grab the plate of spaghetti and your glass and get ready your zoom date with Chris. You take a couple deep breaths before the call comes in.

"Wow-" Chris says when the screen loads and you both appear.
You giggle a little bit.
"You look, amazing." He says making his eyes bigger and shaking his head.
"Thank you, you look pretty handsome yourself." You say back looking down and then back up.
He stares at the screen for a moment before finally saying something again.
"So what did you make to eat tonight?" He says raising an eyebrow.
"Spaghetti." You say with a small wince.
"No way!" He yells as he pulls his plate up from the table into view.
"You're kidding right?!" You laugh.
"Great minds think alike I guess." He says smiling and setting the plate back down.

You guys are both picking at your food and trying to make small talk it's each other.

"You seem nervous." You say looking up from your plate.
"I am." He says pursing his lips to one side.
"Why?" You laugh.
"Because, I feel myself opening up to you. It's just weird to me because I don't usually open up to people."
"Well that's what I'm here for. That was the "deal" we made." You laugh again.
"I know, I know, I just- I don't want to fall for you just to have my heart broke again, or worse, I don't want to break you." He says pushing his plate to the side.
You follow suit and do the same.
"You're not going to break me. You can't break somebody who's already broken." You say faking a smile to make him feel better.
He quickly looks up to the camera and the look in his homey brown eyes says it all.
"No you don't get it, I'm broken, I'm fucked up." He says shaking his head.
"Can I tell you something?" You ask.
"Yeah, anything." He says half smiling into the phone camera.
"Sometimes, when two broken people come together and build each other up, they not only have an unbelievable bond, but they come out stronger than one non broken person and a broken person."
He stares into the camera for moment and his eyes get lighter. He smiles his cute smile and his dimples slightly show.
"I guess I never really thought of it that way." He says.
"Most people don't, they see two broken people and expect it to fail. But I've seen it before, and the bond and accomplishments I witnessed those two people build and complete, was the most inspirational thing."
"You know, you don't have to tell me- ever! But, why do you say you're so broken?" Chris asks with sincere eyes.
You look away from the camera and feel the tears building up.
"Can we-"
"A different time." Chris interrupts you before you could finish.
"I'm sorry." You say finally getting the tears to disappear from your eyes.
"No, don't be. It's a personal question. I shouldn't have asked." He replies.
"No, I will tell you. Just- I'm not ready yet." You shake your head.
"It's fine, really. Don't ever feel like you HAVE to tell me anything. People deserve privacy. And you'll talk about it when you're ready, if you ever are ready." He smiles.
"Thank you." You smile back at him.
"So, on to happier things." He says laughing.
"Yes please!" You giggle with him.

You guys stay on Zoom for a couple hours and get to know each other, well he gets to know you because you know pretty much all the basics about him from watching his live streams.

"We should probably get off here now, I'm sure the boys are wondering what's going on." Chris laughs.
"Tell them I said hi!" You say as you smile.
He winks at the camera, "I will."
"Oh stop." You say.
You share another laugh.
"Goodnight beautiful." He says before he blows a quick kiss to the phone.
You feel yourself start to blush, "goodnight handsome." You say as you smile brightly and end the call.

When the screen goes dark you lean back in your chair and let out a sigh.
How was a video chat date the best thing that has happened to you in years?
But most importantly, how are you going to keep yourself from falling for Chris more than you already have, and how is he going to fall for such a used, broken, and thrown away girl like yourself?