Back To Reality

itschriswilliamss

Liked by bryanwilliams24, itsdaynemurray and 3,963 othersitschriswilliamss I wonder how biology would explain the physical pain you feel in your chest when all you want to do is be with someone

itschriswilliamss I wonder how biology would explain the physical pain you feel in your chest when all you want to do is be with someone.

Bryanwilliams24 oh, it's okay bro. I'm right here. 😘
thetylerschrage bby, I'm waiting for you downstairs hurry up. 🥺
Chriswilliamsfp are we going to be introduced to another beautiful girl?
Opidopie96 this hits different 🥵

When you hop on Instagram you see Chris posted again. Seeing his photo through a screen is sad compared to seeing it in person. And the caption he out doesn't help the feeling. You want to comment but you don't want to give anything away. You're trying to stay out of the spotlight. At least until Chris and you feel comfortable to bring your relationship out of the shadows.

You:
I really like that picture you posted.😘

Chris😍:
Do you? 😏

You:
Yes!🥵 But I really miss you! Can we
FaceTime tonight if you're not busy?

Chris😍:
Of course baby girl. Before or after
we go live?

You:
Either. Just whenever you have time. ❤️

Chris😍:
You know I'll always make time for
you. You're my baby. 😘😘

You:
You're so adorable. I love you.😘🥰

Chris😍:
I love you! 😘🥰

It's been about 2 weeks since you've gotten home from LA. While you and Chris text everyday you haven't heard his voice since you left. You knew the long distance thing was going to be hard but you didn't think it would be this hard. When you were with him you felt safe, at peace, at home. And when you left the you feel like you left a part of yourself there. But the more you think about it and the more Ali and you talk about it, you did. While your body is at home, your heart is on the other side of the country in California.

The reality of not being with Chris hits you harder each passing day. You're back to your routine of waking up, texting him, checking social media, and working, along with the daily tasks of living adult life. You try to keep yourself busy because when you're not all you do is think about Chris and the time you spent together. And seeing him through a screen just doesn't help. And you know neither will hearing is voice muffled by a speaker.

9:15pm your time

Your phone starts buzzing with an incoming zoom call. It's Chris. You hurry to answer the call.

"Hey babygirl." He says as you appear on the screen.
"Hi handsome."
His bright and beaming smile brings one to your face as well.
"How was your day?" He asks you shoving food into his mouth.
"It was good. The normal really, work, adulting, missing you." You say poking out your bottom lip.
"Don't so that." He says laughing.
"Don't do what?" You ask poking your lip out further.
"That! Stop." He says laughing harder.
"But why? I miss you." You say giving puppy dog eyes this time.
"Because I can't do anything to take the look of your face." He says leaning into the camera.
"Like what?" You say pleased and turn your head sideways.
"Like kiss that pout away. Or cuddle the sadness away." He says as his face turns downward.
"Chris." You say.
"Yeah." He says looking down at the table he's sitting at.
"Is everything okay?"
"Yeah, I just- I miss you." He says looking up.
"I miss you too." You tell him.
"I didn't realize how hard this was going to be." He admits.
"Me either honestly." You say.
There's a moment of silence before he talks again.
"I wish there was a way for us to see each other everyday."
"That would only happen if I moved out to California and there not happening." You laugh.
"Why not?" He asks you furrowing his brow.
"Other than you, there's nothing out there for me. I'm not big on social media, I don't want to act or anything or the sort-"
"I'm sure you could find something other than me to keep you here." He says.
"I don't know Chris. This is my home, this is where my support is." You say hoping he will understand.
"I know, I'm just being selfish I guess." He admits.
"And I love that. I really do! And trust me I wish I could let you. But I can't." You tell him.
"But you'll still visit me often right?" He asks giving you puppy dog eyes.
"Of course!" You smile and giggle.
"Good." He says.
"You're adorable." You tell him.
"You love it." He says scrunching his nose.
"That I do, but I love you more." You say smiling at him.
"I love you-" he stops mid sentence as another voice enters the room.
"House meeting." You hear Zach say in the background.
"Really? I just-" he's cut off again.
"Now!" Zach says urgently.
"I guess I have to go." Chris says sadly.
"It's fine. I'll talk to you later?" You say half asking.
"Yeah. I love you."
"I love y-" your words are cut short as he disappears off the screen.