Going Home

You're all packed and getting ready to leave the house. As much as you don't want to you have to go back home. Chris is standing at the door with your bags in hand as you say goodbye to everybody else in the house.

The ride to the airport is quiet, but Chris and you sit together in the backseat, holding hands and snuggling up to each other. When you reach the airport and it's time to say goodbye you try to hold off as long as you can.

"I really wish you could stay." Chris says as he wraps his arms around you.
"Me too. It's going to be awful having to go back to seeing those eyes and that smile through a screen again." You say hugging him.
"You can always come visit again. You know that right?" He asks looking down at you.
"Yeah,I know. But you have a job to do. And I don't want to distract you from it." You say pressing your head closer to his chest.
"You weren't." He laughs.

Chris grabs your bags from the back and sets them on the ground next to him. He opens his arms and you fill the space between them. He grabs you tightly and holds you tighter. You loosen your body at the touch of his. You take in one more deep breath and let the scent of him fill your nostrils. When he finally loosens his grip, just enough to let you see his face, he bends down and gives you a long, passionate, "I'm going to miss you" kiss.

You find your seat and put your headphones in, the whole way home you stare at a picture you too took together while you were there. You eyes fill with tears as the thoughts of things going back to how they were fill your head.
This was the best 4 days you've had in your life, and in the blink of an eye, they've come and gone.