Chapter 18 [reminder]

"Are you guys done talking?"

Owls' eyes snapped back from the witch's optics towards an unfamiliar voice.

A person was standing on the muddy pathway in front of them, the male recognizing them as a vampire. What made him instantly worried though was the fact that they weren't a part of The Family, he has never seen them before.

Owls palm released Amares staff, hearing her exhale in pure euphoria as if his hand has been squeezing her neck instead. The male straightened his posture and got a good look at the creature standing in front of them completely still.

He assumed that it was a woman, with the characteristic paper white skin, and straight goldish hair in a bob cut that reached up to her chin. She was probably of Asian descent, judging by the elegant mono lids complementing her ruby red eyes. Her outfit consisted of a simple brown tank top and a long black skirt with ash brown designs swirling from the bottom up.

"And who are you?" Owl went straight to the point, making the two other females send him startled gazes.

"Does my name matter in this situation?" Her voice was stern, she had that look on her face that Owl often wore himself. A one of hostility and harshness. "I don't need to know your name and you don't need to know mine."

The male quirked a brow. "And why is that?"

In the faint light of the moon, the twinkle of the female's fangs was amplified as she snarled at him. "Since only one of us is going to come out of this encounter alive." From the woods around her, they heard footsteps and the snapping of twigs, four large bodies tearing through the vegetation and onto the main path. Four lost ones, some of the more animalistic than the others, they growled eyeing Owl and the two other creatures with a predatory gaze.

The mole riddled man pressed his lips into a thin line. "I'm assuming your one of the people who's behind this whole fiasco with untamed vampires running around?"

She didn't respond to him, her eyes flickering between his companions, the female's pupils dilating once her gaze grazed over the witch at his left.

The vampire reached out her hand. "As I said, it doesn't matter." She made a chopping motion with her arm and like dogs freed from their leash, the pale creatures around her sprinted forward.

In a situation like this, faced with great approaching danger anyone with a sane mind would have started running in the opposite direction. The mole riddled vampire however never really categorized himself as a creature with a right state of mind. Maybe it was the side effect of his long life or the fact that he smokes about four packs of cigarettes a week but Owl was not going to bail from the scene.

Owl was having none of that, instead, he pushed straight at them, jumping into the air before landing on one of the lost ones back. Slashing the creature's neck, he only got a glimpse of red before another pale monster launched straight at him, knocking the man off of the lost one's body. He could feel the monster charge at him as he scrambled from the muddy ground, the Faun, however, stopped it before it came closer. The half-goat lady jumped into the air before jabbing the monster directly in the eye with her hoove, the female's strong legs making it recoil backward and onto the floors.

Owl looked at her dumbfounded for a second, he wasn't really expecting that level of precision and strength from her, still, it was a nice surprise.

"Owl! Get up!" The faun yelled, snapping the albino from his thoughts and making him stand back up on his feet just in time to avoid a collision with one of the creature's enormous pale bodies. The lost one growled trying to bite him, every stomp of its paws making the ground underneath the two of them shake. That one was bigger than what Owl has seen so far, with two unusual bumps at it's back which the vampire could only guess a pair of winds was forming. The lost one has been clearly overfed to an insane degree, making its appetite grow larger than what its form (even as big as it was) could handle.