chapter 8

Andrea's pov:
It's been a week since that fight occurred with Gabriel.

Gaby has been going out a lot since he started dating Bailey and acting like a lovesick puppy. Ahh, young love!

As long as he doesn't start drifting then I'm happy for him.

I, on the other hand, have been engulfed in the company's work. We have received a big project for a new client. He has bought an old house and wants our company to redesign the interiors.

Now, I'm driving to his house, after informing him that we'll be there at 3 pm to start the examination and programing as the first step.

When I get closer to the location I catch a body waiting at the front door and the moment his features appear I get confused.

I hop out of my car and head to a smirking Matia. "what are you doing here?" I ask, my question getting out wrong.

"It's meant to be, I guess," He says cooly while shrugging his shoulders, then adds opening the door, "I thought you were a professional company, do you go out to your clients asking what are you doing here? ". Did he just roast me? Not on my watch.

"Only when our client is a stalker" I answer saving the day. His smirk turns into a smile and he shoots back "I am no stalker, just pure coincidence. Don't flatter yourself" This man's nerve

"Are you sure it's a coincidence?" I ask raising my eyebrows. "A manipulated coincidence" Matia laughs and a smile takes over my face, my eyebrows still raised. He adds explaining "I knew you work in Carter's company since the first time I saw you at the club. I thought that it was perfect so I helped fate a little" He finishes chuckling and I roll my eyes at him.

I go through the house taking pictures and notes. Once I'm done, we share our goodbyes and I tell him that we'll come back again.
          _____________________

"I'm done with my work, can we go home now?" I asked Gabriel who's sitting at his desk. He looks at me and answers "yeah sure, let's go".

While he's driving us home, his phone starts ringing so I put it on speaker "hello, Gabriel?" Talked Bailey in a quivering voice. I look at Gabriel on instinct and he speaks concerned "bailey, babe what's wrong?". " I need your help please, I didn't know who to call" she adds on the verge of crying.

"I'm coming," He says. Where the hell are you going boy?

"Bailey, where are you?" I ask being the only one making sense here but get no response. "Bailey? " Spoke Gaby waiting for a response himself. "I'm at my apartment, please come pick me up" She answers after taking her time. And with that, Gabriel speeds to her apartment.

We pull to the side and sprint into the building but halt when we see Bailey sitting on the stairs.

She has her face in her hands and her once clear skin is now painted with violet, blue and red bruises. When she looks up my heart clenches for this poor girl. Bailey's eyes are glossy, puffy from crying and one of her cheeks is swollen. She's looking so vulnerable. She had a backpack sitting beside her, is she moving out?

Gabriel runs to her and holds her cheeks gently, probably afraid of hurting her even more "baby, what's wrong? Who did this to you? " He then puts her in his arms and she starts sobbing "I'm tired Gabriel, I can't take this anymore. I tried to be strong on my own and hide it" Her voice breaks but she continues "but he broke me. And it hurts, even more, knowing that my dad is the one to do this"

"Your dad?" Gabriel and I talk both shocked by the information we just got. Gabriel lets go of Bailey and heads to her apartment. "NO!" screamed Bailey making the both of us look at her in confusion and she starts crying again "don't leave me, please. He isn't worth it"

Gabriel holds Bailey and takes her to the car. When she sits in the back seat I instruct "you sit with her and I'll drive"

Once we arrive home, we take Bailey to the guests' room and I sit beside her to clean her fresh wounds, "we might need to go to the hospital" I suggest but she declines stubbornly saying that she has gone through the same thing before and that there is no need for a hospital.

"You're so sweet Andrea, thanks for helping me," She says before I go out of the room to let her rest. "I'm doing the right thing, you don't need to thank me" I speak and leave.
..  ..  ..   ..   ..   ..   ..   ..   ..   ..   ..  ..   ..   .. 

Hello, to whoever made it this far.
We know we didn't talk much but your opinions really matter so if you tell us what you think of the story so far we'll be honored :)
Pls vote, comment and share while passing.