chapter 30

Andrea's POV:

"I'll be back." He informed standing up. I call what just happened 'perfect timing', actually this is too perfect. The neighborhood is empty, it looks like those we see in scary movies and I'm rethinking all the decisions I made till this moment.

I check my phone, nervous since it took him too long to open the door, Gabriel had sent me a text, I go to check it but feel Mr. Smith's eyes on me standing next to the door as if he wants to say something, then whispers, only who's in the room can hear him, "I'm sorry I had to do this, this was my only chance to tell the truth. Escape from the backdoor"

He goes back, probably to open the door but instead of a person's voice, I hear a gun's sound coming from the front of the house. I stumble backward in terror, what if they're waiting for me to escape from the backdoor? I can't stay here, I need to run away. I lock the living room door to buy more time and look around me.

My heart is pounding like crazy and my hands are sweaty. Thankfully I'm wearing pants, I grab my pack back and jump from the window. I analyze my new surroundings, when I look to my left, I make eye contact with Blake waiting with a bat in his hands. Wow, I was going to be knocked out by a bat.

We both sit still for a moment before I run away with all the energy I have. I make the mistake of looking back, he's coming at me full force but I don't stumble as they do in scary movies because I'm no drama queen.

I look back to the front and think, I don't have time to get my car keys, the neighborhood is dead. I can't keep running, I'll get tired and my death will be with a bat. I run toward the road with my eyes watery, at this moment I can see nothing.

I cross the road, and while I'm running I hear a sound of a car stopping sharply that made me halt in my tracks. I look to the car and get relieved the moment I see Gabriel's face, I make my way to the car and hop in right before Blake catches me. He hits the window making it crack and Gabriel speeds away with his face full of confusion.

"I told you 'don't go there'," he scolds and looks at me, "but you have to be stubborn in everything you do,"

I try to stop my body from shaking. Deep breaths, I tell myself, "I'm sorry," I whisper.

I feel the car stopping and sit alarmed in my seat, "don't stop," I yell at Gabriel, afraid they're following behind.

"Don't worry we're safe," he says and leans to hug me, "what happened baby?" I break down in his embrace and for the next hour, we just sit there.

When I'm done pouring my heart out we head to Carter's house since both our houses aren't an option. "What a surprise," says old carter sarcastically once he saw us, when his eyes land on me his mood changes.

"What did you do to her?" He accuses Gabriel who rolls his eyes, "can you let us in already?"

We sit on the couch. When silence falls on us I start speaking, "I called Bailey's dad once I got his number, he asked me to meet him at his house and I agreed. Before anyone of you talks, I know that was a stupid move," old carter chuckles while Gabriel keeps an emotionless face, "the good thing is, I recorded the whole conversation so we can keep it as evidence,"

"Can we hear it?" Asked old carter to which I nod to and then play the audio from my phone. For the past thirteen or so minutes I've sat there watching as their expressions change with what the voice coming from the phone is saying.

I move my attention to Gabriel's face and leave it there, right where it belongs. I've always dreamt of these days, no matter what the situation is, just being able to call him mine is enough. He catches me checking his face and I wait for the smirk or the 'you like what you see' comment because that's him. He smiles, he gives me a sweet and reassuring smile that sent butterflies to my stomach.