chpter 22

Andrea's pov:

"Andrea," He breaths.

"Father," I greet not knowing what to do.

He takes steady steps in my direction and raises his hand once he reaches me. I flinch and wait for the impact but feel his gentle, full of wrinkles hand on my cheek.

I open my eyes and see his teary eyes.

"Figlia (daughter)" He says with his warm voice and hugs me. We both break into tears as I never expected this reaction in my 8 years apart from my family, Imagining my moment back home was my best daydream but it always went the bad way no matter how the scenario was.

"Sono così dispiaciuto (I'm so sorry)" He says, his voice breaking, "I'm so sorry that I made you go through this, that I made you escape from your family at such young age. I can't forgive myself,

"It's fine papa, I came here to get a new start. What happened is done, I missed you all so much," I inform him then kiss his forehead.

we hear a shattering sound from the side. We look to where it came from and see mama looking at me in shock, her old fingers hiding her mouth with shock.

"Mama," I call forgetting about my dad.

"Andrea baby," She murmurs walking to me slowly and takes me in her embrace. Her smell overwhelming my senses.

"Andrea baby you knew I would miss you. why didn't you call me? at least once in eight years!" She scolds and I lose composure, sobbing against her chest. I was never a daddy's girl so my mom was my weak spot.

She takes me on a tour of the house, her hand never leaving my wrist. We settle at the end in our garden.

We laugh, cry and smile remembering the old times and catching up to everybody's lives. Throughout the time we chatted my dad kept looking at me his eyes full of regret and happiness at the same time. Who thought it would be that easy to reunite with each other.

I hug everyone and go to sleep because I'm exhausted.

I open my old room's door expecting to see a mess inside but to my surprise the room didn't change at all since the last time I was here.

Everything in my old room is the same. A wave of memories hit me as I pass my hand through my bookshelf, my old pictures are still hanging on the fairy lights above my bed, My favorite white blanket is put neatly on the bed. I lay on it and look at my painted ceiling, god! how much I missed the stars decorating the blue color.

I hear a knock and see my mom entering the room. we sit on the bed and I lay my head on her thigh.

"you can't know how many times I dreamed of this moment. seeing you in this room and kissing you goodnight," She starts, playing with my hair, "every day it hurt me so much to see this room lifeless, so I told your father to change it into a storage room. He refused wanting it to stay the way it is. He never lost hope in you, we spent every day of these last years being resentful. your father searched for you everywhere but you were nowhere to be found,"

She starts to cry and I sit properly to hug her, "I'm so happy that you're here. Andrea, you became such a beautiful successful woman I'm proud of you. everyone in this family is proud of you," She says hugging me tightly.

Mama turns the fairy lights on and goes out after kissing my cheek. I drift to sleep with a smile on my face, happy about how life is going.
       _____________________________

I head down to the kitchen to have breakfast but find no one there. I walk to the garden and stop midway when I see my dad's library.

I open the door slowly and walk in. My dad is sitting on the table that's in the middle. The decor is exactly how I left it, The cozy corner beside the window that I used to call mine is still there.

I look at my dad and laugh.

"Do you remember when I used to drag you out of this room? And you always said one more chapter" He asks putting his book down.

"Yeah, I still have a thing for reading," I chuckle, going through the books there.

"let's join the others in the garden before we're left with no breakfast," He jokes, and we sit with them after locking the library's door.

"Guys I want to go out I missed the city," I say while chewing on my bread.

"Little Lucas here has a girlfriend," Informs Vince smirking, totally ignoring what I have just said.

"Shut it loser, at least I don't keep getting friend-zoned," Lucas shoots back in a matter of minutes.

I snort and high five the dumbass, "nice,"

"Now, I have to say you did a good job trying to distract me Enzo but we're going out once you finish your food," I make myself clear and he sighs.

We drive to Rome and have fun around, taking pictures with my old Polaroid camera that I found while going through my old stuff.

"Lucas, why don't you invite your girlfriend?" I ask once we settle for a restaurant.

"Already did, she said she can't wait to meet you," He speaks and looks at Enzo, I look at him myself and find him glaring at me.

"You can invite your friend too," I tease and he rolls his eyes.

"At least I'm not the one who got friend-zoned, and for years too," He points out with a smug look plastered on his face.

"For my defense, I'm the one who friend-zoned him," I speak avoiding Lucas shocked face. Accidents happen little guy!

I catch two blond girls waving in our direction and guess it's the guests.

"I see you two have a thing for blondies," I sigh, shaking my head.
..   ..   ..   ..   ..   ..   ..   ..   ..   ..   ..   ..   ..  

H̾e̾l̾l̾o̾ l̾o̾v̾e̾l̾y̾ r̾e̾a̾d̾e̾r̾s̾,

Thank you for the 5k it means a lot for us, again.
Pls keep commenting and voting while passing.