chapter 16

Vicenzo
Andrea's pov:

I eye Matia in betrayal, how could he call my brother?

He looks back and freezes when he sees Vicenzo. I run to the House's door not wanting to go through the same bullshit again.

"Wait, Andrea. Please it's not what it looks like." Says Matia, following me out of the door. He stops me from my elbow but I swing my hand to get free from his grip.

"Don't touch me," I spit, shooting daggers from my eyes, "how could you betray me? You said you won't tell anyone my location,"

I look to the door and see Enzo coming out.

"Wait Andrea, he didn't know I was coming I swear. I didn't even know you're in Chicago." Vicenzo explains stopping beside Matia.

"I was coming to surprise him it's been so long since we met," He says, "please Andrea don't leave, it's been so long, can I hug my baby sister?"

My eyes start watering and my vision now is a blur. I take a step toward him and he hugs me tightly, picking me up from the ground in the process.

When we break the hug he pats my cheeks and says, "can we go inside to talk a little? I missed you,"

"You two go to my room, I'll end the party and take the rest of the guests out," Matia, who's been standing there the whole time, states and we go all inside.

Once we're in Matia's room, we sit on his bed.

"So Andy tell me everything,"
he says.

Not like Gabriel, the nickname Andy was given to me by Enzo because he thought it suits my boyish face.

This reminds me of the time I did his makeup while he's asleep and he went out with his bros like that, the best prank ever. I mean who doesn't wash his face after he wakes up?

"What do you want to know?" I asked rolling my eyes because 'everything' is very specific.

"Well I want to know what you did after you left, did you study? Are you working? Where do you live? Did anyone hurt my baby brother? And how the hell did you meet Matia, you know he is the one you were supposed to marry right?" He asks, smirking when saying 'baby brother'.

I tell him the long part of the story starting when I was 18, the age I run away.

"Hold on, you're living with a guy?" he asks.

"Well–" I start but he stops my sentence, "alone, and he's your boss," Enzo adds, "is he gay?"

"No, he has a girlfriend," I respond dumbfounded.

"Ahh, okay," He says smiling.

"Now it's your turn, tell me about everyone. Papa? Mama? Lucas?" I say.

"They all miss you and regret what they did. Papa was pissed when he knew you run away but secretly he have always waited for you to come home. And mama was stuck home for a month afraid that you'll come back and find no one and Lucas, you know he was always by your side," Enzo speaks sadness stuck in his voice.

I look to the floor. I knew that they would get hurt when I run away, but I was the one who needed saving.

"I'm sorry, Andy I should've helped you." he apologizes lifting my face.

"I really missed you, ugly girl." He hugs me again and I start sobbing missing the feeling of warmth.

I wipe the tears from my puffy face and he teases saying, "you're still an ugly crier,"

"God, I even missed your annoying ass." I laugh slapping his shoulder.

"You!" Vicenzo gasps at Matia the moment he comes in, "Why the hell is my sister in your house wearing your clothes and why didn't you tell me?"

"calm down, I didn't tell you because it was her choice. I didn't want to betray her and for the clothes, her old one got dirty so I gave her those," Matia explains, leaning on his door's frame.

"don't start acting protective now,  eight Years ago you were ready to let me marry her when she was against it," He adds making Enzo stands up in anger and walks to Matia with his fists clenched tightly.

I run to stop him and stand between the two of them, both shadowing my thin body.

"Guys stop, it's in the past," I plead looking between them, "I'm over it, it's been eight years and I forgive you both so now stop this and let me enjoy my brother's presence before I leave,"

Matia leaves the room.

"If you want you can come home for a visit. I'm sure Lucas would cry if he saw you," Vicenzo says taking me back to my car, we exchange numbers and he promises me that we'll stay in contact.

I drive home astonished with all the things that happened today. I park the car in the garage and head up to the house.

I find Gabriel sitting in the living room, "where were you miss?" He asks, and I smile and sit next to him telling him all that has happened.

Gabriel is the only one who knows my past besides old carter, they are the only people who stood by my side when I needed them.

I love talking to Gabriel it makes me feel at ease, I can just say whatever I want and I know he won't judge me and that's one of the reasons why I like him.

"I'm so happy that you're finally at peace with your family and I would love to meet your brother," He says, hugging me.